No announcement yet.

The "1906" Harley-D at Wauseon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, Herb I truly believe that a lot of fab work was done in the railroad shops in the beginning. As talented as those boys may have been, they had to have had outside influences. It came together so well, so quick and unless the boys had a magic wand, I can't see how they could have done it completely on their own....... again, just opinions... I find myself pondering this stuff quite a bit. I'm thrilled with this topic and any new information would be like striking pay dirt!!!
    Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

Comment

Originally posted by c.o. View Post
      Well, Herb I truly believe that a lot of fab work was done in the railroad shops in the beginning. As talented as those boys may have been, they had to have had outside influences. It came together so well, so quick and unless the boys had a magic wand, I can't see how they could have done it completely on their own....... again, just opinions... I find myself pondering this stuff quite a bit. I'm thrilled with this topic and any new information would be like striking pay dirt!!!
      Cory, too bad you weren't along when my brother and me jumped the fence at the railroad shops and explored them. It was a HUGE complex of 19th century buildings all abandoned and falling into ruin, We looked and looked and I kept saying jokingly that we'll find some original prototype H-D piece lying around. Of course we didn't.

But one other time that wishful thinking did work for me. My brother and I were poking around an abandoned farm and I was saying there had to be an old Harley part somewhere. We looked and kept looking and eventually turned up a 45 tranny case and a seat Tee. Plus an old handlebar from some other old motorcycle.

The funny thing was later we talked to the old guy who had grown up on that farm and he SWORE there had never been a motorcycle on that place ever!

I guess we'll never know why Danny thinks his motor is a 1906 model...too bad.
      Herbert Wagner
      AMCA 4634
      =======
      The TRUE beginnings of the Harley-Davidson Motor Co.

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyCreation View Post
        Cory, too bad you weren't along when my brother and me jumped the fence at the railroad shops and explored them. It was a HUGE complex of 19th century buildings all abandoned and falling into ruin, We looked and looked and I kept saying jokingly that we'll find some original prototype H-D piece lying around. Of course we didn't.

But one other time that wishful thinking did work for me. My brother and I were poking around an abandoned farm and I was saying there had to be an old Harley part somewhere. We looked and kept looking and eventually turned up a 45 tranny case and a seat Tee. Plus an old handlebar from some other old motorcycle.

The funny thing was later we talked to the old guy who had grown up on that farm and he SWORE there had never been a motorcycle on that place ever!

I guess we'll never know why Danny thinks his motor is a 1906 model...too bad.
        I'm imagining how great that would have been to cruise around those old buildings. Its those thoughts of wonder that one gets consumed with on an exploration like that. I'm sure untold stories lurk there.

Cool story about the farm. It's too bad more folks wouldn't share stuff like that here. A well told story about a barn find is almost as good as being there!

Yeah, it's not looking great for finding any answers on Danny's machine. I agree it's a shame especially for those of us who wonder about such things......
        Cory Othen
        Membership#10953

Comment

Working...
        X