1914 Harley Single

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1914 Harley Single

20221027_140737.jpg20221021_092538.jpg20221027_140731.jpg20221027_140758.jpg Greetings
    I am looking for some parts for a 1914 Harley Single. The pinion shaft, and secondary cam gear, for the exhaust, these fit (allegedly) fit 1909 to 1917 Magneto singles. I was able to find a couple of extra pinion shaft gears, these fit (allegedly) 1909 to 1917 singles. I do have a cam gear setup that I borrowed, with the hopes of having it copied and have one that is missing the second gear and needs the cam repaired. I've included a couple of pictures of both. If I can find a pinion shaft, even in poor shape, I can try and have one made.
    Thanks
    MaX

This is the pinion gear, I have a couple of these. 20221108_123955.jpg
    Max

Comment

Competition Distributing has the intake cam gear, but don't trust the timing marks. If you have original you can have it fixed and have a new profile done to increase the lobe height and duration open (it really helps - see pic). Pinon and exhaust are a harder to come by. I have a few but needed for motors to complete them. The idler gear can be cut off a 45" cam - see pictures.
      Also, if you can find a "Fast" motor intake rocker set up they also give a little more power. They are the same rocker arm as a '15-'16 and have much more throw to hold the valve open much longer.

There are many things you can do to make it a real ridable bike.
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 4 photos.
      Last edited by BYeager; 01-04-2023, 10:42 AM.

Comment

DSCF4434.JPGDSCF4429.JPGDSCF4437.JPGDSCF4440.JPG In amongst my stuff there are these unidentified gears that are all N.O.S. and are available.
        I'm putting them up here as some of them may assist you Max.
        I would welcome a positive i.d.on any of them and although they came from the NZ H.D. importer many years ago they may not be H.D. at all.
        Please don't clutter Max's thread with responses that don't concern the thread, just P.M. me.
        Peter Thomson, a.k.a. Tommo
        A.M.C.A. # 2777
        Palmerston North, New Zealand.

Comment

Thank you, every bit of information helps. For the most part all I have are a bunch of grainy photos out of an old reproduction parts book.
          Max

Comment

check with: Rob Nusbaum at Retrocycle, Sean Jackson at Competition Distribution, Jon Neuman at Sagebrush Cycle, Mark Masa at Link Cycle, or Doug Feinsod at Santa Cruz Vintage.

Comment

Just messaged you, Dan

Comment

I have an intake pushrod 4 sale.I think 1913-1914 HD single
                You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Working...
                X