Excelsior Manifolds?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • fouraceswes
    Member
    • Nov 2021
    • 48

    #1

    Excelsior Manifolds?

    Here is another perhaps pre-16 question perhaps not! These two manifolds from the same “old timer” garage are marked Excelsior but the two Excelsior bikes I saw had spigot mount Sheblers and manifolds that were curved. I assume Excelsior, but what years?
    Attached Files
  • gharper
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2009
    • 527

    #2
    Those are Excelsior. They would fit 1925-31 Super X I believe. Interesting the one that has a threaded plug on the side, never seen that before.

    Gene

    Comment

    • fouraceswes
      Member
      • Nov 2021
      • 48

      #3
      Hey Gene, Thanks for the ID on the manifolds. Upon closer inspection, the threaded fitting does not look like a "factory placement" more like a braized on nut and screw that was added a bit amateurishly later on.

      Comment

      • bernhardt
        Member
        • Dec 2007
        • 67

        #4
        Nitrous Oxide
        A. Bernhardt
        AMCA# 9726

        Comment

        • T. Cotten
          Gadfly from the Dumpster
          • Jun 2001
          • 8230

          #5
          I've got an NO2 vendor a half a block away, Alex!



          Water injection made more sense to me...

          ....Cotten




          AMCA #776
          Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

          Comment

          Working...