1912 flanders 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1912 flanders 4

Hello, does anyone out there know where i can get info. on my bike? I've own the bike now for six months and haven't found any info. on the bike as of yet. If anyone owns one or knows of someone how does, please lets talk. thanks john f

Flanders

John, I'm in the Rapids I'd love to see you bike sometime. David Wasserman has some Flanders literature and an owners manual for your bike on his site for sale You can access it through my site.
    www.fatdogvintagesalvage.com/ Thanks Bill Rodencal

Comment

Some info I pulled from the master index of the club magazines. The entire collection of the club magazines (on CD) will soon be availible for purchase. They have been scanned and assembled in PDF format- 200dpi. *when printed they appear almost identical to the original printed issue. An incredible resource when doing research. Note: just looking at the index (MS- Word format , w/ hyper text quick links) is a real jaw dropper. Would anyone like me to post the index for download? (kinda big at 2.1MB) . But -It's really cool.....

I hope this listing below will help you. As some information has been printed in the AMCA club magazine.

Flanders
      Flanders Mfg. Co., Pontiac, Michigan
      1912 BD single, original PHOTO Vol. 24 (4) 1985
      1912 Four PHOTO Vol. 31 (2) 1992
      1912 model review CAT Vol. 4 (2) 1964
      1912-13 Pulley belt sizes ADV Vol. 16 (4) 1977
      1914 model review CAT Vol. 4 (3) 1964
      Undated, Flanders 4, belt-drive single CAT Vol. 15 (1) 1976

Comment

AMCA Magazine Index for download

Yes Paul, I would like the AMCA Magazine Index. When can I buy the whole thing ??

Comment

Ahhhh...March first. Pls don't quote me. But that's the approx. target date.

I'm going to convert the index to html (when I get a chance) and post a link to it (in parking lot chatter) so that guys can get a very accurate preview of what's in store. It's over 30 000 pages.

This will keep you busy on 'more than a few' cold winter nights. Did you get the work shop in the back of your garage separated and insulated? I was looking at your web site. Great job by the way.

Comment

My work shop

Yes, my work shop is now insulated and separated from the "car room". My homepage is not so up to date (I have not done anything there for about one year), so I have increased my work shop with 45 square meters (that is about 148 square foot), and I now also have a separated and insulated storage room for my bikes. My garage is now huge!!!! It was originaly 50 square meters (and that is 164 foot), and togeter with the newly buildt extention it is hard not to see it....:-) On my homepage I say that I own a 1916 Indian. My PowerPlus was sold before x-mas last year, so now I am stuck with only one HD and one Excelsior. That is not to much to swagger about, so I have to do somthing soon. The "old American bike situation" her in Norway (and Sweeden) is very good. There is still a lot of bikes around in barns and shacks, and the prices is not to bad either. For instance did I pay 25.000,- NOK (a lot of convertions here, but this is about $2741) for my 1921 Excelsior in VERY good original shape (I have posted a picture of it in my Excelsior thread). Right now an Ace would be perfect! Ace is right now my dream bike, so if anyone has one for sale I might be interrested if the price is "Norwegian".

Take care, and ride safe.

Comment

Working...
            X