spacke motor 1912 - 1915

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spacke motor 1912 - 1915

Hello Anyone out there making new motor sprockets for the spacke motor ? also looking for a front exust pipe. How can you tell a 1912 from a 1913 ? thankyou,,, motorheadmike1@verizon.net mike terry 908 783 8414

Motorheadmike1
    My Spacke does not take chain sprockets on the motor drive shaft because of the built in 2 speed (my chain sprocket shaft hole is straight, with 4 key slots in it). Because of that, I have not needed to look into sources your type of sprocket. Also, my Spacke motor was only offered in 1913, so it was easy to determine the year, it also take a different exhaust pipe then your motor.
    On my other early motorcycles that do take motor sprockets, if it was worn out, I would just cut the old teeth off and weld on a new sprocket with the center cut out of it to match the old hub. But you need a sprocket to start with.
    For a little background information, I am assuming you are taking about the Spacke Model “O” motorcycle motors and not the “V” or “U” power plant motors.
    For 1913 up, the standard Spacke chain sprocket is Part # G3252, which is a 14 tooth sprocket with a 3 ¼ inch chain line.
    They also offered a 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18 tooth in both a 3 ¼ and 3 3/8 inch chain line.

I do not know the difference between 1912 and later. The 1915 Model “O” parts catalog shows it covers 1913 and 1914. It does not mention 1912. It lists the parts that are different for 1915 and I assume they are the same for after 1915.
    It is not much information, but hopefully some of it helps.
    Spacke2speed

Comment

thanks for the info. Mike

Comment

Working...
      X