emblem gas tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• emblem gas tank

i'm stuck down here in new zealand with a 1916 emblem Big Twin with no tinware, some can be made from photos but the tank is just that bridge too far.
    someone out there must have a tank on the shelf/wall just for shed art, i don't care the condition i just want my project to get closer to being on the road, can find swaps maybe if required.
    Can anyone out there either help or point me to someone may be able to help please?

Originally posted by jellywrestler View Post
    i'm stuck down here in new zealand with a 1916 emblem Big Twin with no tinware, some can be made from photos but the tank is just that bridge too far.
    someone out there must have a tank on the shelf/wall just for shed art, i don't care the condition i just want my project to get closer to being on the road, can find swaps maybe if required.
    Can anyone out there either help or point me to someone may be able to help please?
    got this very nice Big X tank for a swap, or have an ace tank avialable too, as said not worried about condition, we can all dream of an original paint one, yip me too but i also have a world class tin smith available to copy one, even a loaner would be great.
    Attached Files

Comment

ok, we have a little progress, still no tank but in talking to a leading 3D printing expert if i gather some photos we can print a tank, he even asked if i want to run gas in it! So my plan is to print a tank to hand to my tinsmith and he can manufacture one. What I do need is someone to take some photos of a tank, and it would be nice while they're there to do the primary sidecover too, and from thjat i can carry it on.

ok, so who out there has access to an Emblem Twin, and what can I do from New Zealand to help you get some piccies for me and either email them or put them on a drop box so I can get on with this.
      let me know, there must be a bike handy to someone in the world.
      i will keep posting progress on the job here, the processes involved in getting a plastic 'copy' made etc.
      thanks
      Graeme

Comment

What year?

Comment

Originally posted by silentgreyfello View Post
          What year?
          1916 i don't think they varied much up until then

Comment

Hello Jellywrestler,
            I may be able to help with photos of a single-tank - please check your private Messages.
            AMCA #3156

Comment

thanks got the message

Comment

Working...
              X