Pre 1916 Cannonball Motocycle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre 1916 Cannonball Motocycle

Your pre 1916 Motocycle, my britches shining its seat in 2016.
    may 29th is the cut off date for returning entries to secure a spot for the 2016 Coast to Coast Cannonball Race. I would like to retain the number 57 placard for a third time. have been very lucky to have finished twice to date. #17 of 19 total mile finishers on a 1929 JD, in 2012, #63 of 72 finishers on a 1930 Chief w/ Best Friend and Sidecar in 2014.
    you have a pre 16 motorcycle that you would like ridden in the race, perhaps time, health, or logistics don't allow you to do so but you have a qualified steed you'd like to see finish the event. i,m very well aware of the monetary value of your commitment. pretty much the reason i am not able to do it own my own. if you decide to commit it will pretty much be a marriage to the finish line in San Diego Calif.. wont bore you with qualifications but have been on two wheels since pushing a Cushman to the top of the hill with no motor for the first ride. been a heavy Equipment Mechanic/Welder/Fab. for 40 plus years. will do my best to make sure she has been serviced and ready for each mornings start. will be ridden with her capabilities in mind. but i will need to know her completely..
    pretty sure i would be able to understand and repair unless steam is involved, then i would need to learn.
    5 11", tipping the scale a 200 now but will be at 180 lbs. an 65 years young for the start.
    again. have been told that May 29th. is the cut off date for retaining a spot in the start line or giving up #57 placard.
    heard said before, in 4000 miles there are 8000 miles of ditch i,ll do my best to stay out of them.
    am in Colorado. wright_welding@msn.com if interested.
    Thanks for your time. Gary
    gww57.com

Gary Good luck with this. I think you have a good chance at this. By reading some of the Cannonball posts I get the impression that a few people are over theirs heads. Jerry

Comment

thanks Jerry. its worth a shot. that barbed Cannonball hook it hard to shake out of my lip. hope you an ms Deb are doing good. the grandson looks like a hoot. gary
      gww57.com

Comment

Gary, Hope to see you in Atlantic City

Comment

Working...
        X