Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wanted: 1915-16 Excelsior, Right Side Shift, Transmission Top, Linkage Part Wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted: 1915-16 Excelsior, Right Side Shift, Transmission Top, Linkage Part Wanted

I'm restoring a bitsa' 1915 Excelsior motorcycle and need the correct shift arm for the top of the transmission. The piece I have is the left side shift part (1916 late-1924) which has the arm cut off and moved over to the right side. This is good except it changes the geometry and doesn't work right. I believe the correct part is a casting that has an eye bolt that comes out of the right side to accept the shift rod. The front of the part fans out and has notches for the three gears and neutral. Any one have a spare or a repro casting? Thanks, Paul Venne at vennepaul@gmail.com.

Paul, I make a living as a blacksmith, mostly doing ornamental work, but I have also made and modified motorcycle parts for a local restorer. If we can work out the correct dimensions from afar I'm sure we can make something that works and looks right.

If no one has the part for you send me some pictures and we can try to work it out.

Lewis

Comment

Hi Paul.I have made writnings of the right side shift arm.I am also working on a 15 x.Neads writnings of the clutch cover and the gear box cover.Please send me a reply,and i can help you

Comment

Working...
      X