Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pope Twin Motor

Hi Guys,

I was hoping someone could help me and tell me what motor this is. It was in my Grandfathers garage for years and trying to find out what it went to. The only information I know is it was in either a 1913 or 1914 Pope. Any info you can provide will help! Photos of bike and serial are attached.

Thanks!!

00k0k_2KI3T54dcJS_600x450.jpg00404_6h75qx0mR8u_600x450.jpg

it seems like you know what it is. the whole bike is there.
    rob ronky #10507
    www.diamondhorsevalley.com

Comment

rwm,

The bike is in pieces. The only thing sitting is the motor and the frame. I know the motor and frame are a Pope but not sure what year or model. Was hoping someone would know what that serial number on the motor means and could help me out.

Comment

Tyson.... I see your post count is low, so welcome to the forum! I don't know anything about reading the numbers on a Pope but it looks like you've got yourself an overhead valve version so it's '12 or later. What does the rear section of the frame look like? Do you have the gas tank? Unless a "Pope" expert shows up we may have to do some detective work!
        Cory Othen
        Membership#10953

Comment

Hi Cory.

Thanks for the reply and just joined the forum today. Was "googling"around the last couple days trying to find info about the motor and this site looked like the best source. Fun reading all the other posts about projects and history.

As for the gas tank I didn't see one last time I was over there. I will do some more digging this weekend and see if I can find it.

The back section of the frame looks like the image attached (pulled from another thread). It had the suspension springs.

Hope this helps. Any info is great.

zpope3ho3.jpg

Comment

Tyson.... some more pics if you get a chance would be helpful. Actually the fella that started the thread that you got the photo from could probably answer your question with a little (a lot!) more certainty than I could. I do believe however that the rear spring set-up on '15 and later machines was a little different than the photo you're referencing. So I guess what I'm saying is your initial comments about it being '13-'14 are probably in the ball park. I'll prod a member or two that may know about the number system and see if a definitive answer can be had.
            Cory Othen
            Membership#10953

Comment

I'll try to get some more pics this weekend or the following. The only reason I'm thinking it's a 13 or 14 is because that is what my Grandma said it was... but who knows. Thanks for your help.

Comment

I think "Grandma" knows what she's talking about...
                Cory Othen
                Membership#10953

Comment

Anyone got a side by side shot of the first and last sprung Pope twins or singles? Totally awesome relic there!!! Thanks, Paul V

Comment

Working...
                  X