Brooks B-100 Motorcycle Saddle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brooks B-100 Motorcycle Saddle

I am seeking a photo of the rear of an original Brooks B-100 motorcycle saddle that still has the original "Brooks" badge installed. The Brooks B-100 saddle was original equipment on c. 1908 Indian motorcycles.

Also seeking an original or reproduction Brooks B-100 saddle badge. The rivets of the badge measure 1 3/4 inches center on center.

Any assistance or suggestions with the above would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by talbot-2; 05-03-2013, 09:58 AM.

Is this what you want?
    This is a B104 Brooks
    Attached Files
    Peter Thomson, a.k.a. Tommo
    A.M.C.A. # 2777
    Palmerston North, New Zealand.

Comment

Brooks B100 Saddle

Originally posted by Tommo View Post
      Is this what you want?
      This is a B104 Brooks
      Possibly...???.....here is a photo of the back of the saddle with the ends of the Brooks badge that remain.

IMG_5728.jpg

At first glance, close but I don't think that the ends of the badge are the same as mine.
      Last edited by talbot-2; 05-03-2013, 07:23 PM.

Comment

I think Brooks is still make seats? A few years ago I googled there name an found they had all of there seats on there. Pictures of all the early ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommo View Post
          Is this what you want?
          This is a B104 Brooks
          Tommo, thanks for your photos.

Here is a photo of the back of my Brooks saddle with the ends of the Brooks B100, size 4, badge that remain.

IMG_5728.jpg

At first glance, it is close but I don't think that the ends of the badge are quite the same as mine. What do you think? I believe that the Brooks B104 was a few years later in 1910. Your B104 appears to be a Brooks B104-P (padded) saddle.

See the 1910 Brooks catalog at this link. http://www.biker.bz/brooks-catalogue...ks_1910_cm.pdf

My Brooks model B100, size 4, is not listed in the 1910 Brooks catalog.
          Last edited by talbot-2; 05-03-2013, 08:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by marsh1915hd View Post
            I think Brooks is still make seats? A few years ago I googled there name an found they had all of there seats on there. Pictures of all the early ones.
            Thanks Terry for the suggestion. I have already been in contact with the Brooks company in England. They sent me a copy of a page from one of their c. 1908 catalogs with the Brooks B100, size 4, saddle. But unfortunately it only had a side view.

They also noted that "the badge had not been made for over seventy (70) years and that they did not have a replacement".

Their website is very interesting. Includes a video of how cycle saddles are made plus photos of their "heritage" catalogs.

http://www.brooksengland.com/
            Last edited by talbot-2; 05-03-2013, 08:08 PM.

Comment

This is the seat on my 1904 Indian but I cannot guarantee that it is the correct seat for the bike as this bike has been well used and abused.
              Its a Brooks B90 and it does have a different style of badge on it.
              Attached Files
              A.M.C.A. # 2777

Comment

i would learn french real quick and contact this guy. it looks like he is asking 348 euro for the seat. that is a little more the $600 us. it's hard for me to tell if the badge is the same. i'm sure you can get more photos of the seat. i can help arrange shipping to you if the seller will not ship out of france.
                http://www.motocollection.com/annonc...asso?ref=83217
                rob ronky #10507
                www.diamondhorsevalley.com

Comment

I've got a swag of original Brooks seats with the logo badge like the first one I put up but I only have two seats with the logo like the second one (on my 1904 Indian) I put up.
                  The major difference is that one style has the two O's in Brooks looped together and the other one doesn't.
                  My guess is the looped O's badge is the early style with the other style appearing later.
                  Exactly when that change happened I don't know but I will look in my period magazines to try and see if it is possible to get to a date when that change occurred
                  A.M.C.A. # 2777

Comment

Working...
                  X