Help with 19 12 HD Fork

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with 19 12 HD Fork

Have a 1912 Repro fork I am trying to mount. I have it assembled, tires on and sitting on the floor. The top spring is
    5/8" below the top of fork tube. Lower spring is 13-3'4" long and top spring is 3-1/2". Anyone know if these are correct legnths or an estimate of how far the top spring should extend above the fork tube? As of now, there is no tension at all on the springs...Thanks Rod
    Attached Files

I have my fork apart and the lower spring measured about 14 and 3/8". The top spring about the same as yours 3 and 3/8".
    If memory serves, the top springs stuck out about 1/2" with the caps off - but that was unloaded (off the bike).

You're welcome to use my lower springs if it would help you trouble shoot. Just give me a call and I'll bring them over.
    Ron

Comment

The easiest fix would be to put a 1" spacer BELOW your bottom springs. However, that may rotate your rockers to an undesirable position. Easy to try though. That would lift everything above it 1" before compressing. Your top springs should be exposed about 1/2" above the spring fork before putting the caps on.

Comment

I forgot to mention that my spring forks are 25" long. If that matters.
        Ron

Comment

Hi guys...I'll make up a couple of spacers under the lower springs and bring my length up to match Ron's. Thanks for the replys...Rod

Comment

Working...
          X