'13 HD Single

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '13 HD Single

I have acquired the '13 HD single engine I inquired about a few posts ago. Now, the rest of the project! This will be a belt drive machine. Looking for what have you parts, info, etc.

Thanks,
    Dan
    Dan Margolien
    Yankee Chapter National Meet July 31/August 1 2020 at the TERRYVILLE Fairgounds, Terryville CT.
    Www.yankeechapter.org
    Pocketvalve@gmail.com

Congrats Dan! I assume you scooped an engine for a 9A. Belt drives rule!!! The sales brochure is in the club library... http://antiquemotorcycle.org/virtual...roducts_id=341
    Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

Comment

Hi Dan
      Good luck with your project I had my eye on that engine also, however I have just received my 1912 belt drive that I purchased last year, so didn't bid, are you trying to go original frame or repop?

Dave

Comment

Hi Dave:

Well, I have no other parts yet. I am going to see what luck brings me as far as HD stuff, and will revert to reproduction as necessary. I think I could build up all repro around the engine, but am hoping with the swap meet season coming, and hopefully through some helpful folks, I might find some original stuff. Right now I am collecting information and waiting for the engine to arrive. I have learned about patience since I began the hobby, and I'm sure it will come in handy now! For example, the free wheel rear hub might be a critical item, I'm not sure I've seen one! The guy has a carb and mag but he has not figured out the price. I think he wants to sell off his frame, seat, carb and mag now that the engine is gone. He has a Chadwell frame, home made seat bar and springs, and I think a home made tool box. If you have any leads, I would appreciate any!
        Dan
        Dan Margolien
        Yankee Chapter National Meet July 31/August 1 2020 at the TERRYVILLE Fairgounds, Terryville CT.
        Www.yankeechapter.org
        Pocketvalve@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by DanM View Post
          Hi Dave:

Well, I have no other parts yet. I am going to see what luck brings me as far as HD stuff, and will revert to reproduction as necessary. I think I could build up all repro around the engine, but am hoping with the swap meet season coming, and hopefully through some helpful folks, I might find some original stuff. Right now I am collecting information and waiting for the engine to arrive. I have learned about patience since I began the hobby, and I'm sure it will come in handy now! For example, the free wheel rear hub might be a critical item, I'm not sure I've seen one! The guy has a carb and mag but he has not figured out the price. I think he wants to sell off his frame, seat, carb and mag now that the engine is gone. He has a Chadwell frame, home made seat bar and springs, and I think a home made tool box. If you have any leads, I would appreciate any!
          Dan
          Hi Dan

I live in Thailand so no swap meets here, all of what I have is repop except the engine, the clutch is the big one as you say, I will go repop on that as well, I have been told if you can find one its going to be in the region of $5000.00 a repop. Is $4500.00 with the hub, I still got a lot of parts to collect, basically I have the frame,tanks,toolbox, engine and a lot of the small stuff, I have located all the vendors for the rest of it, so they are the only leads I have, I have no idea on original parts, but I am actively searching all the time, and will let you know if I come across something. If the seat that guy has is up for grabs I'm interested, best of luck in your hunt

Dave

Comment

Working...
          X