1911 - 1915 Vermont Motorcycle Tag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1911 - 1915 Vermont Motorcycle Tag

Understand it was a brass plate. But does anyone have an image? Can't find one anywhere.

Was once told by a license plate collector that "if you find one, you could retire on it." Guess they are pretty rare. Would like to see one.

Done the usual Google searches on lots of keywords and strings.

Anyone have an image?

Cheers,

Sirhr

Sirhr....wow! I took a quick look with a google search, too, and discovered a whole world of license plate collecting! It's a big deal I think.... But this fellow here (link below) states that Vermont issued regular porcelain plates to motorcycles that were identical to the auto plates, and a small brass tag for motorcycles, he mentions those being issued in 1907 ...but he doesn't say for how long.
    http://porcelainplates.net/vermont_archive.html
    Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

Thanks for looking Harry. I found that one as well.

This is a Mass disc. My guess is that vermont is the same, but uses our state seal. Probably made by one company that specialized in medallion stamping.

brass tag.jpg

From the sound of it, you got a porcelin tag like anyone else, but did not have to mount it on a motorcycle. You carried the fob instead? Sound right to anyone? One of these days, hoping one of these Vermont ones will show up at an estate sale. There have to be some out there.

Cheers,

Sirhr

Comment

i know this is a little off track. i saw a guy turn down 10 g's cash for a 1907 st. louis city registration plate
        rob ronky #10507
        www.diamondhorsevalley.com

Comment

Working...
        X