1909 Neckarsulm (NSU)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1909 Neckarsulm (NSU)

Have made great progress thru this year, taking the bike to Davenport with all the newly made parts bolted on. Just mounted the tires today, so it can roll YEA!!! See you there. Bruce

Come on Bruce. Let’s see a couple photo’s for us guys who can’t make it to Davenport this year.
    ------------
    Steve
    AMCA #7300

Comment

I'm having some trouble getting the tires to seat in the clinchers, will work on them tomorrow, when I get all the parts on in the next couple of weeks I'll take some photos. It was so rusty when I got it I wasn't sure that I could save the hubs and many parts were only good for patterns. I have a couple of photos of when I first assembled it. It came in 3 boxes. I need to have the wheels on to finish the fender stays,brake band and bracket and rear stand. This is by far the toughest restoration I have ever done. No parts are available. Had to make a huge list of missing parts. Been making stuff for 13 months. When I am done, I'll mount all the unusable parts on a board for display.

Comment

Success with the clinchers, bought 2 plastic bicycle tire spoons, $4, they aided in getting the bead started in the slot. it all seems so easy now. mounted the tires totally by hand, setting them in the sun was the best tip ever.

Comment

Update: Now making rear stand and finishing brake band, the last of the parts making, final assembly to check fits before paint now in sight. I am taking it to Oley in all its rusty splendor. Harry Buck saved it, sure glad I got it. If anyone is working on an early NSU (Neckarsulm) I now have a lot of information from 1904 to 1911.

Comment

Working...
          X