Trigger lock Decompression Lever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trigger lock Decompression Lever

I am interested in finding out about the Trigger Lock decompression lever as seen on Thors. I would like to get hold of one to buy or copy or whatever. Are they common to other bikes or engines?

Originally posted by Captk View Post
    I am interested in finding out about the Trigger Lock decompression lever as seen on Thors. I would like to get hold of one to buy or copy or whatever. Are they common to other bikes or engines?
    What specifically is a "trigger lock decompression lever"? I might know it by another name. Any photos? Could you be inquiring about a "relief lever" that mounts on a stud on the side of the crankcase and is operated by the right handlebar control? It allows the rider to "decompress" the engine for easier starting. Just a thought.

Comment

Trigger lock lever.jpgTrigger lock lever.jpg

Hopefully I have added a picture. This is from a later Thor, 1916, whereas mine is 1914. I geuess they are the same?

Comment

I have talked to a fellow Aussie who has lent me one to copy now. In addition Mathew Smith has given me most of a newly made one with some finishing work required.

Comment

Working...
        X