London To Brighton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• London To Brighton

I don't know how many of you check out Pete's blog but I do... so here's another installment with some really cool old bikes. Thanks Pete!!!

http://occhiolungo.wordpress.com/
    Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

Thanks Cary. I'm super glad that you and other guys like to read my (poorly written) ramblings on early bikes and look at my fuzzy photographs. I'm not after any money or fame with this stuff, I just really like to play with the early bikes and hope that others want to enjoy them too. The number of people that ride old bikes if probably 1/100th of the people that ride. And the portion that likes preWWI stuff is probably 1/100th of that small group. And of that even smaller group, we get several people that read and comment on OcchioLungo. I'm just always surprised that there are more than two or three readers!

I'll keep posting my junk on there from time to time. Feel free to read and comment.

take care
    Pete

Comment

Pete! You are humble about that blog of yours. If it's got to do with early stuff, I'm there!!
      Cory Othen
      Membership#10953

Comment

We had several AMCA members ride in that pre-1915 London to Brighton run. The original paint Excelsior pictured was ridden by one of them.

Comment

Pete,
          I don't own any bikes that early, but I sure do like 'em, and I enjoy your site. Regarding the wicker side-car chairs, if you should find one that you wanted to salvage, there is a lady here (Redmond, in Cental Oregon) that specializes in restoring all types of wicker items. I've seen a couple articles on her work in the local paper, and she has repaired some hopeless looking stuff.
          Doug.
          Doug McLaughlin #6607
          NorCal, USA

Comment

Doug, thanks for the tip. I just might try to restore a wicker chair someday! And thank you Cary and Steve for reading OL. Steve, will you be at the Irish Rally this summer? Maybe I'll see you there.

Pete

Comment

Working...
            X