1915 Cleveland Dennis Mc Carthy-I need your help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1915 Cleveland Dennis Mc Carthy-I need your help

Hi Dennis. In 1980 I restored a 1915 Cleveland (serial number 383). In 1978 I visited Ted Hodgdon when in Florida to see his original Cleveland. Ny wife and I then headed to Daytona . My question is...the one in the Barber museum. Is it a 15 and if so is it the Hodgdon bike.(one of the club's founders) My second query is when I got the bike out of a chicken coupe here in Manitoba it was almost complete except for handlebars. I have a drawing from a friend from a 1917. If I sent the drawing to you could you confirm the measurements or give me a drawing of the 1915 in the museum. It has always bothered me that I put bicycle bars on at the time. I would then solicit the help of Tom Faber to make up a set for me. Thanks a bunch if it's possible. No sweat if it can't be done.
    Ross

Hello My Friend

I will do what ever I can for you. I will take as many pictures of the bike that you need and will help you follow up on any contacts that I know of in regards to the same. Just let me know what you need and I will pursue them!

Take care and have a great weekend!

Denis
    J.Denis McCarthy Come visit The Barber Vintage Motorsports Museum
    www.barbermuseum.org

Comment

Thanks Denis. If you could find out who the previous owners of your 15 are that would end my curiousity. The main thing is a pattern from the museums 1915 handlebars.I have a pattern from a 17 as I stated but I'm not sure if it is the same.Basically it's the same rquest as my first thread. Nice to have you on the thread.
      Ross

Comment

Denis.

I'd like to extend a big "Thank You" for your help and information being given freely here. I for one, find the before, during and after pictures very interesting. You also have access to knowledge that the rest of us might benefit from.

Thanks again, Scotty.....hdstm

Comment

Thanks Scotty!

More than happy to help!
          www.barbermuseum.org

Comment

Hey Ross

Check your "in box"...
            www.barbermuseum.org

Comment

Hi Denis, Checked my home email inbox and don't see anything for moose102@escape.ca Now I'm real curious to see whay you found out. Thanks for the effort.
              Ross

Comment

Working...
              X