Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

teen bars? not what you are thinking....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• teen bars? not what you are thinking....

who makes bars for the teens bikes like a 10f 1914 I was told about a man from Oregon named Mike Smith was doing them has passed away..but rumor has it his son is doing it now any help is great.....thanks,Dave

www.fabercycle.com

Comment

Mike Smith passed away, but his business is still being run by his partner (and son), Mathew. Antique Cycle Works. They used to make handlebars, not sure if they make them anymore. Here is the website. http://www.antiquemotorcycleworks.com/

Comment

Mr. Faber, I noticed on your website that you offer the "1910-1914" bars with same part number, but 1910 are quite a bit different than 1911. Perhaps you know this, but the 1910 bars rise up higher than the '11 bars. I have never seen an orig paint '10 or photos of one with the lower, later bars, nor have I seen 1911's with the higher bars, except on restored bikes. If you know of something different than that, please let me know! BTW, I have seen your '11 bars. Very nice!
        Last edited by silentgreyfello; 01-12-2012, 01:27 AM.

Comment

Tom
          I need a set of 1910 bars. If they are in fact unique, and if I can get a pattern, any chance that you may bend up a few?
          Mark Masa
          Mark Masa
          www.linkcycles.com

Comment

s,g fello, I have a friend that does my website for free, well, Lori invites him over and bribes him with dinner....close to free. We try to keep it simple, They are listed as one group because they are all priced the same, because they all share a set of forgings, that are subject to change in price.

Actuallly 1910-1917 are ALL one year only bars, all having individual details that are unique to their year.

I don't know if Matthew makes handlebars, I know I've sent them a few sets since Mike passed. What I do know is that I have the biggest collection of handlebar documentation for Harley from 1909- 1970, and quite a few other marques including Henderson, Excelsior, Reading Standard, Cleveland 4, Flanders (bike, and period aftermarket handlebar co) , Stelling and Hellings, Indian, Crocker, the list goes on... all thanks to other club members who unselfishly loaned samples to me so that they and other members could benefit from it in the future. I believe that is what this club is all about!

Mark, you don't need to get a pattern, It's already all documented. Email me direct to let me know what are your needs at tfaber@fabercycle.com
            Last edited by fabercycle; 01-12-2012, 08:30 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X