Yale engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yale engine

YES COULD ANYONE GIVE ME ANY INFO ON THIS YALE ENGINE POSSIBLY YEAR SPECS OR WHERE I COULD FIND INFO ON THIS THANK YOU...

Nothing constructive to add just a comment. Those cylinders are gorgeous. Great looking motor from the hand craftsman of yesterday.
    Bob Rice #6738

Comment

Nice looking, quite complete motor. It looks like a 1913. Whats the motor number?

Comment

For sure it's in the '13 to '15 range and I'm with Bob on the looks of the Yale twin. They are stunning!!!
        Cory Othen
        Membership#10953

Comment

wow ,that thing's amazing.
          www.motorcyclecannonball.com

Comment

THANKS FOR THE COMMENTS YES IT IS AN AMAZING BEAUTIFUL PIECE OF CRAFTSMANSHIP I AM POSTING A PICTURE OF THE ONLY MARKINGS I COULD FIND...

Comment

How about telling us the story? Where it came from?

Comment

Motor number indicates early 1913. Bore 3 1/4 in. Stroke 3 43/64 in. 60.92 cubic inches. Brochure says, "Develops 9.2 h. p. on actual block test." You have a chain drive -- was also available as belt drive. Brochure indicates, "Heitger improved carburetor especially for this motor." Yours has a Schebler which was supplied on the '14 and '15 models. Somebody mounted your intake manifold upside down -- other than that, damn near perfect!

Comment

Originally posted by rbc View Post
                  motor number indicates early 1913. Bore 3 1/4 in. Stroke 3 43/64 in. 60.92 cubic inches. Brochure says, "develops 9.2 h. P. On actual block test." you have a chain drive -- was also available as belt drive. Brochure indicates, "heitger improved carburetor especially for this motor." yours has a schebler which was supplied on the '14 and '15 models. Somebody mounted your intake manifold upside down -- other than that, damn near perfect!
                  thank you rbc that is quite helpful....no real story to tell as of yet i just came across the engine the other day not sure if i will be able to acquire it any time soon i would imagine yale parts are next to impossible to come by...yes i did know the intake was upside down...sure is purdy though....

Comment

www.motorcyclecannonball.com

Comment

Well, '13 it is!! Very cool. With any luck you can get your hands on it Ironwood.

Lonnie, I'm assuming that is a bike that you did? It's some kind of nice!!!!
                      Cory Othen
                      Membership#10953

Comment

Phew...some kinda nice is an understatement...thanks for all your help up to this point my son and i have only build indians we are not sure we can even buy this yale engine i can say it has been keeping me awake thinking about it....
                        Ron

Comment

Originally posted by IRONWOOD View Post
                          i can say it has been keeping me awake thinking about it....
                          Ron
                          Oh, Oh, it sounds as though you've got the fever!!! There's nothing you can do about it now. Roll with it, it's not likely to ever go away.....
                          Cory Othen
                          Membership#10953

Comment

Originally posted by c.o. View Post
                            Oh, Oh, it sounds as though you've got the fever!!! There's nothing you can do about it now. Roll with it, it's not likely to ever go away.....
                            LOL YES THE FEVER...I HAVE BEEN FLUSH WITH IT SINCE FIRST I DISMANTLED A CHIEF ENGINE BACK ABOUT FIVE YEARS AGO,,,I STILL MARVEL WITH ASTONISHMENT WHEN I OPEN A CAM CASE...I TOOK THIS PICTURE YESTERDAY OF A 1921 SCOUT ENGINE I AM SLOWLY DISMANTLING...

Comment

I have a chassis no tank for that engine ...

Comment

Working...
                              X