1909 NSU (Neckarsulm)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1909 NSU (Neckarsulm)

I have now determined that my bike is a 1909 533cc export model. Found rims and beltpulley in Holland, have to ship to the UK, then reship to the USA as the vendor in Holland is afraid of our liability issues, as are the VMCC in the UK. NSU had a sales office in NY city by 1906. Abyone have any photos or parts books or anything to help me? Audi now owns the NSU trademark, but their archives are incomplete.

Thanks, Bruce

if i saw this a few days ago i would have signed to bid.auction is sunday.
    http://www.bonhams.com/eur/auction/19290/lot/46/
    rob ronky #10507
    www.diamondhorsevalley.com

Comment

not a full photo
      http://cybermotorcycle.com/gallery/n...ine_detail.htm
      rob ronky #10507

Comment

somewhere i have more. about a year ago i looked into buying a n.s.u.
        http://taurus-media.de/motor-lit/pro...ml&language=en
        rob ronky #10507

Comment

I have those photos, and the 1905 parts book and rider manual, the twin motor was the first loop frame design for NSU. Thanks for the help.

Comment

is this one yours? did you get your frame from australia?
            Last edited by rwm; 10-16-2011, 09:28 PM.
            rob ronky #10507

Comment

Hello,

I can recommand to register on this forum of the VFV Veteranen-Fahrzeug-Verband (Veteran-Vehicle-Association) in Germany - there are for sure some people who are able to help you. You can post in English there - most people will understand you.

http://210277.homepagemodules.de/

Best wishes from Europe,
              gsottl

Comment

Audi archives have send me a copy of the complete 09 parts book in German and a riders operation manual in English. Making parts, this project is coming alond nicely.
                Thanks for everyones help.

Comment

Yes, this is mine. It came from the collection of Harry Buck. I have always wanted an early NSU, and am elated to have gotten this one. I had talked to Harry about it years ago, but he wanted to keep it. Early Triumphs used the hub clutch under liscense, it was possibly the earliest clutch and 2 speed.

Comment

Further discussion with the overseas vendor has the price of rims rising beyond reason. I am going to buy rims and cut a section out then butt weld together. I'll put them on a rotary table and mark the spoke holes then drill. The missing camshaft is almost done - quite a process - used the mag gear to get tooth profile and pitch diameter, made a cad drawing. took a photo of cam lobe profile from parts book, transferred it to computer and blew it up to full size, made a cad drawing of it. used a cnc EDM to make gear, and made cam lobes to press onto gear shaft. Made it in parts because I don't know camlobe location in relation to gear teeth, by making it two part I can dial the cam timing in then pin the parts together.

Comment

Bruce, do you need Wedgewood rims or C section rims? It can be a pain for US buyers to deal with some sellers in England and Europe who don't want to sell to the USA. One method that I've used is to have a friend over there buy the parts, then ship them to me in the US. Alternatively, I think that you can get the Wedgewood ones from the Veteran bike club in Australia. Even including the membership fee, it is probably cheaper than buying from the UK or Europe... good luck with that NSU.

Comment

Working...
                      X