Original paint 1915 Harley Gas tanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Original paint 1915 Harley Gas tanks

Does anybody know anything about these tanks? They both have Remmington Type Writer decals on them? One came from Washington State, and the other from back east.

www.motorcyclecannonball.com

Comment

Terry, I think you should sell the tanks to me since they have been altered.

Comment

Jurassic, now find me one of a 1915 HD, thanks for cool picture. I just bought a 1915 Remington type writer with this decal on it. Now I am going to put in on the rear rack.
        Jim, I have $6,500 in these tanks, and I do have a right side original paint for sale. Cost me $3,500 and it came from Cal. Crazy prices but the money is just no good, thanks Wall street, Bush and the other thief's.
        I also have four sets of early 1915-1916 HD twin cases with flywheels, cylinders and timing cases for sale. Cost is around $3,000 each and they all need work. There was a nice 15 motor on e-bay for $7,500.
        Now that pay pal is turning in 1099 k to the IRS I am gettiing off e-bay.

Comment

Originally posted by marsh1915hd View Post
          Now that pay pal is turning in 1099 k to the IRS I am gettiing off e-bay.
          Yep. Cash will always be king. Whatever happened to George's website? It used to be great, but then it slid downhill, probably because of the scammers. Too bad the AMCA couldn't start a little auction thing here on this website, for members only, and take a very small percentage to promote run it, etc?

Comment

Parts are KING, money is just paper, now that bread is $3 a loaf. Beer is cheaper that water?
            George's has send scammers to me. Justed don't go there. I see he is back to being FREE.
            I am going to start putting parts on here and Buzz's page. That 1099 k is the last staw for e-bay and pay pal scammers.
            May be I will do a CORBIN Speedometer page?
            Are there any ORIGINAL HARLEY GRAY PAINT PARTS OUT THERE? I need a 1915 HD front fender. I have a nice 1914 fender to trade. The differents is in the clip. The 1914 is 1/2" the 1915 is 9/16" wide.
            Got my 1915 Reminton type writer today, it has the same decal as the tanks. Too Cool. Now I need some information on a Reminton type writer bike?
            Terry marsh1915hd@msn.com
            Last edited by marsh1915hd; 09-23-2011, 01:34 PM.

Comment

SO I just bought a set of 1914 HD twin cases. They are for sale, $2,500. Still look for Original Gray Paint parts for 1915 HD's? I will pay your price. Have alot of J, JD parts to trade. Have two 1929 Hd front forks for sale or trade. Need two sets of peddle cranks for 1915 HD's twins.

Comment

terry you can write off everything against that 1099 from paypal. your trip to davenport and all swap meets. you car or truck part of your house. even your lunches if you tell the cook about antique motorcycle parts. you can go to office maxs and buy a book of receipts. write them up for the parts you bought and subtract from the parts you sell. sure it is a little more paper work but when your done you may qualify for a government bail out. paypal is collecting so much money they need to show where it goes.they are like you and i they do not want to give the government a penny of their money.
                rob ronky #10507
                www.diamondhorsevalley.com

Comment

Terry, I just posted on George's for the last time two weeks ago. It's the only place I post that my e-mail address is exposed. On Thursday last week, I got 33 spam's in one day and I know they all originated from George's. These Nigerian scumbags come up with new e-mail address fast than I can block them (Thank you very much g-mail). E-bay, no more! Between Fleese-bay and their one arm bandit sub company Paypal, they rack in 14.6 percent of my sweat. Because of the value of older parts, I started doing something lately that plain and simply works. If you are not a card carrying AMCA member and on the current roster. I won't deal with you. This sucks but it's what it is. Bob L
                  AMCA #3149
                  http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

Still looking for information on the Tanks. Still looking for original Harley gray paint parts. Still buying, selling and repairing Corbin Speedometers. I need any Corbin parts you have for sale or trade. Any Condition.

Comment

wuld you be interested in selling the 14 front fender? Dave in az...new member today..

Comment

Would not sell it but I would trade for a 1915 one. The only diffrents is the fender clip is 9/16" on the 1915's. 1/2" on the 1914's.

Comment

Hello Dave. Give me a call. I can help with the fenders if ya still need them.

Chris 503-737-9827

Comment

Terry,
                            I don't get this ebay thing. Are they going to send me a 1099 for parts i sell? and do i have to pay taxes on it? What about the parts i buy? Knowing that between ebay and paypal taking a whopping 14% (bs) and then their monthly seller fee's. I'm ready to quit them as well as i have most of everything for my 30 yr projects LOL...There's another site called ebid and i'm wondering if it's the same gig with them?
                            Len.
                            AMCA #765

Comment

ebay does not send out 1099s yet.
                              rob ronky #10507
                              www.diamondhorsevalley.com

Comment

Working...
                              X