Early Schebler 3/4" carbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early Schebler 3/4" carbs

I have a 3/4 screw-on Schebler that has the course (3/4-14) threads. All the early HD's used the same carb but with the fine (3/4-20) threads. I would like to know if anyone has converted one, either by modifying the body or making a custom intake.

To modify the body, I was considering a couple of options. One would be to drill out the threads and put in a sleave, then re-tap with the LH 3/4-20. My concern here is that the walls are not overy thick to begin with, say 1/8". Another option would be to braze in the threads, then drill/re-tap. This worries me even more.
    If I had a new intake made with the course threads on the carb side, one would have to start the intake into the cylinder and turn several times before starting the carb on because the cylinder side is still fine threads.

Option C would be to sell the carb and find the right one. This one is really nice, though, and doesn't have the tickler which is correct for 1909-11. Appreciate your input!

Shown is a pic of the course-threaded carb that I want to use on a '11 HD, the other is the fine threaded version off of my '10.

DSC03523.jpg

Re-reading old posts. I am working on a '13 HD single and did not know about the thread difference to be aware of. Which is the one I should be looking for? THX!!
    Dan Margolien
    Yankee Chapter National Meet July 31/August 1 2020 at the TERRYVILLE Fairgounds, Terryville CT.
    Www.yankeechapter.org
    Pocketvalve@gmail.com

Comment

All the HD's had fine threads.

Comment

I did this chart a while ago. It may be of assistance.
        Attached Files
        Peter Thomson, a.k.a. Tommo
        A.M.C.A. # 2777
        Palmerston North, New Zealand.

Comment

Working...
        X