Early Persons seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early Persons seat

Does anyone know which motorcycles used this Persons seat, though this one is a smaller version,it's for a bicycle.I'm sure it's quite early,1910-?.Also would love to get the stamp to remake the seat. IMG_1931.jpgIMG_1931.jpg

Your saddle may be a "Persons Champion Motorcycle Saddle". What are the measurements? Could you post a photo of the top of the saddle?

Comment

seat is 11 1/2" long x 9 1/2" wide,and has Persons winged shield IMG_1934.jpg- comfort,quality,style stamp on top,back.

Comment

My "Persons Champion Motorcycle Saddle" is 14 1/2" front to back including the metal portion in the front and is 12 1/2" wide. The name "Persons Champion Motorcycle Saddle" is stamped in the top of the saddle. It also has the same cut outs on the top and the winged shield on both sides. My saddle is on a circa 1910 motorcycle.

Comment

What make is your motorcycle,and what others would use the 1910 Persons seat?
          Can you post a pic of your seat?

Cliff

Comment

Originally posted by elgin34 View Post
            What make is your motorcycle,and what others would use the 1910 Persons seat?
            Can you post a pic of your seat?

Cliff
            Here are a couple of photos of my "Persons Champion Motorcycle Saddle". Also, I sent you a private message.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by talbot-2; 08-15-2011, 09:08 PM.

Comment

The Persons seat that you have is the shorter one, made for bicycle use. The Champion that is used on 1907-1909 motorcycles is about 14-3/8" long. Some of the manufacturers that used it were HD, Excelsior, and Thor. Probably others as well, but those three for sure.
              Last edited by silentgreyfello; 08-19-2011, 01:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X