dream head removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dream head removal

a friend has one of these and it's siezed up. Due to chain driven overhead cams- how should he remove the head?

Can the chain be removed or does it need to be cut?

I think it's a dream.... well a 350.... we just wanna get it running.

Wow, it's been a long time since I've had one of those apart.....

If memory serves correctly, you remove the cam sprocket bolts and slide the cam out the side. Tie a wire to the chain so it doesn't drop into the cases. Best of all, get a manual. They're relatively cheap, and will save much cussing and foaming of the mouth.

If it's a Dream, it would be a 150, 160, 250, or 300. Incredibly reliable bikes.

Comment

kinda figured that - thanks.

Comment

My CB160 actually had a master link in the cam chain.

Comment

good tip- thanks. but she no rotate.

Comment

Like I said, It's been a while... Yup, there is a master link on the older bikes.

Now that I'm deep into the "Granpa Zone", perhaps I can be forgiven a lapse of memory?

I highly recommend a shop manual of some sort. Original is best, but the Clymer and Haynes are okay too. That said, these bikes are terribly simple, but there are a few ways to get it wrong...or so I've heard.

Comment

If US models the same then 350 is a CB350K.A DREAM is a CB360G5.
              As above,get a manual.You will need to release the cam chain tensioner first.I hope it's the pistons that's siezed.They used to sieze the camshafts if run with dirty/no oil.Without some trick machining the head is then scrap as the cam runs in it with no bearings.
              One thing the manual wont tell you is when reseting the chain tensioner give the tunel just above the adjuster bolt a rap with a hide hammer as the tensioner spring can stick.

Comment

Working...
              X