No announcement yet.

KZ750 Twin Snow Bike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One other electrical modification was to shoe-horn a KZ1000 3 phase charging system in it. The original is single phase and its quite weak. Especially when the harness was full of rotten connections causing high amounts of resistance. It is now one of the most powerful electrical systems I have on a bike to date. Plenty of power. I also changed all bulbs to LED to save on current.

DSCN0209.JPG DSCN0213.JPG DSCN0212.JPG DSCN0204.JPG

Comment

Re-paint after removing rust on the frame and under the fuel tank.

DSCN1090.JPG DSCN1809.JPG

Comment

Fabbed a stronger front upper sidecar mount that fits perfect.

DSCN1839.JPG DSCN1841.JPG DSCN1842.JPG DSCN1848.JPG

Comment

I found a product called WoolWax to undercoat my cars. The fire department my brother worked with used it on their salt truck and the bed looks great after 5 years, vs. needing a new bed every year! It's lanolin based and even smells good! Tan in color doesn't look bad either. It would definitely help your sheetmetal parts and probably the frame if applied right. Another similar product is called Fluid Film. I got it from Amazon.

AMCA #41287
          1972 FX Boattail Night Train
          1972 Sportster project
          1971 Sprint SS350 project
          1982 FXR - AMCA 99.25 point restoration
          1979 FXS 1200 never done playing
          1998 Dyna Convertible - 100% Original
          96" Evo Softail self built chopper
          2012 103" Road King "per diem"
          plus 13 other bikes over the years...

Comment

Rebuilt the front end. New steering head bearings and forks.

DSCN1854.JPG DSCN1866.JPG DSCN1867.JPG

Comment

Freshened up the motor. Quick valve job & seals.

DSCN1915.JPG DSCN1916.JPG DSCN1911.JPG DSCN1927.JPG DSCN1938.JPG

Comment

New gas gauge. Cleaned up other issues.

DSCN1930A.JPG DSCN1930.JPG DSCN1923.JPG DSCN1922.JPG DSCN1945.JPG

Comment

New stainless exhaust. She looks good in her own way. Motor runs great. Many good times ahead.

DSCN1951.JPG DSCN1970.JPG DSCN1972.JPG DSCN2114.JPG
                  Last edited by DEEBS47Chief1991; 08-08-2024, 02:35 PM.

Comment

See you on the road.

Screenshot_20240210_172629_Amazon PhotosA.jpg DSCN2008.JPG DSCN2035.JPG DSCN2040.JPG DSCN2058.JPG

Comment

DSCN2049.JPG DSCN1998.JPG DSCN2156.JPG DSCN2510.JPG

Comment

Originally posted by DEEBS47Chief1991 View Post
                        Started with the sidecar frame. Disassembled, blasted & powder coated. Had to pay extra for a special chemical resistant clear coat. It has been about 3 winters with no change in the finish.

DSCN8719.JPG DSCN8720.JPG DSCN8792.JPG DSCN8791.JPG DSCN8789.JPG
                        Hello DEEBS,
                        That chemical resistant clear coat was sure worth the money, looks great after 3 winters.
                        Member # 8964

Comment

Originally posted by joe fxs fxr View Post
                          I found a product called WoolWax to undercoat my cars. The fire department my brother worked with used it on their salt truck and the bed looks great after 5 years, vs. needing a new bed every year! It's lanolin based and even smells good! Tan in color doesn't look bad either. It would definitely help your sheetmetal parts and probably the frame if applied right. Another similar product is called Fluid Film. I got it from Amazon.
                          I do use Fluid Film on some of my equipment and I like the product. It works.

ezgif-2-3f0eba5081.jpg

Comment

Great post! Who needs a stinkin snowmobile!!!

Comment

This was fun, i really enjoyed reading about your energy, time & travels in this article. You definitely is..."The iceman cometh".

*I try to ride as much as I can in the winter. Years ago, i used to stud my tires to ride in the winter, just like the outlawed studded automobile tires. Winter riding has a charm completely different from fair weather riding. *Ride ()N bR().

*M.A.D.*
                              Last edited by JoJo357; 08-09-2024, 01:35 PM.

Comment

"Winter riding has a charm completely different from fair weather riding."

Yes Lee, I can go for months and never see another bike. It's surreal. However, all winter I do see quite a few bar and shield shaped stickers on cars and trucks. Ride to Live ect.

Comment

Working...
                                X