1983 Nighthawk CB 550 SC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1983 Nighthawk CB 550 SC

Recently picked up the same model bike that I had in high school. Where can I source the correct front brake line? My front brake seized up and I think the line is junk. Thx.

Check the ads in Motorcycle Classics magazine. A new issue just came out. It's available at some markets, bookstores, etc. US publication. They have a large aftermarket and NOS parts section for Foreign machines. I only get two m/c magazines, our club and Motorcycle Classics. Great publication. Doc
    DrSprocket

Comment

Thanks Doc! Hope all is well!

Comment

Ken, When I said ads I meant from professional vendors like brick and mortar and such. There's a lot for vintage Japanese machines. I'll look an my back issues and see if they did an article on your machine. I believe they did not to long ago. Cheers
        DrSprocket

Comment

Ken, you might have some luck for that part at Ricearama coming up soon at Spencer, Ma. It's a great meet with minibike races to boot. Hope this helps.....Smitty

Comment

Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Club. VJMC.org They have a boat load of vendors advertising in their magazine.

Comment

thanks guys - i will report back. i did find a japanese honda parts website. but i can't read japanese. trying google translator but i think i need a 14 year old to help me...

Comment

It's been a long while since I was working on my 75 CB550, but I remember I bought parts from https://www.z1enterprises.com/ and https://oldbikebarn.com/. Good luck, and as always, we'd love to see pictures!
                Eric Olson
                Membership #18488

Comment

A deeper dive shows that this part might be made of unobtainium. Found used on EBay but may be swapping one crappy part for another. Planning on going to Rice-O-Rama swap meet in a couple of weeks. in the meantime, here is the original version with longer hair and today's version. I'm told I still have it:

1986.jpg

2022.jpeg

Attached Files

Comment

Yah, you still have it Ken. Doc P.S. We're talking about the bike, right?
                    DrSprocket

Comment

Ken, Ricearama (at the Spencer, Ma. fairgrounds) is happening THIS coming Sunday (Sept 11) with setup and minibike races on the day before. Hope you find what you're looking for !! ...............Smitty

Comment

Ken, there's also one of the exact same bikes in what looks to be great condition on Craigslist (NW Ct.) for , I believe $550.00. Phone is (860) 355-7087 (Sherman, Ct....near New Milford) Always good to have an extra! Smitty

Comment

Working...
                        X