1964 Honda CT200 Rear Brake Adjustment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1964 Honda CT200 Rear Brake Adjustment

The rear brake on this motorcycle operates from a lever on the handle bar as well as from a foot pedal. A cable runs down from the lever on the handle bar and connects to a bracket arrangement that is also connected to the foot pedal. Does anyone have an owners or service manual that shows and describes the proper procedure to correctly adjust this set up, so both the lever and the foot pedal properly apply the brake? If you do, could you please photograph those pages and PM them to me.

Thanks,

Bruce

That sort of stuff is dead simple. Always adjust the brake pedal first with plenty of slack in the hand lever. Once the rear is adjusted all the hb lever needs is adjusting the cable with a slight bit of free play. Done.
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

My 1970 CT90 has the same set-up if that is any help to you in finding a picture of it Hope this helps.....Smitty

Comment

Bruce, I don't have a manual to get you a picture from (and I don't know how to do that in any case). My post was just to comment that it's a similar (same?) linkage on my CT 90 also.to maybe help you find what you're looking for from an alternate source, Rubone has explained the adjustment process very well . Give it a try! You can do it ......Smitty

Comment

Thanks for the input everyone.

Bruce

Comment

Working...
          X