V1000 Convert Air Deflector Mounting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V1000 Convert Air Deflector Mounting

I took an early 80's MotoGuzzi V1000 Convert partially apart years ago. I work on it now and then between other projects. I'm working on it now and want to install the air deflectors (the things that direct cooling air to the transmission oil cooler) onto the front crash bar. The small brackets shown in the pictures were in a bag with the deflectors. There are two left hand and two right hand brackets. I'm assuming they are used in the deflector mounting (due to their being in the same bag) but if they are, I can't make sense of how. Can anyone verify their use in deflector mounting, how they are positioned and if not used for deflector mounting where are they're used? I think the horns are involved with the mounting also. Pictures of the assembly would be great!

I no longer take thing apart without detailed pictures for reassembly later.

Steve Slaminko
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.

Originally posted by slamiste View Post
    I took an early 80's MotoGuzzi V1000 Convert partially apart years ago. I work on it now and then between other projects. I'm working on it now and want to install the air deflectors (the things that direct cooling air to the transmission oil cooler) onto the front crash bar. The small brackets shown in the pictures were in a bag with the deflectors. There are two left hand and two right hand brackets. I'm assuming they are used in the deflector mounting (due to their being in the same bag) but if they are, I can't make sense of how. Can anyone verify their use in deflector mounting, how they are positioned and if not used for deflector mounting where are they're used? I think the horns are involved with the mounting also. Pictures of the assembly would be great!

I no longer take thing apart without detailed pictures for reassembly later.

Steve Slaminko
    annunciomymoto.jpg

Do this image give you some help??

Comment

Thanks for the picture. Every bit of information helps but what I need is a picture from the back side (or underside) of the deflector. That would allow me to see if there is any reinforcing where the bolts attach the deflector to the crash bars.

Steve Slaminko

Comment

Working...
      X