Need right cylinder & head for V65

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need right cylinder & head for V65

Returning from a New Year's run, my V65Sp started running on one cylinder, vibrating, and making a horrible sound. Somehow, the exhaust valve head had separated from the stem. Then, the piston started demolishing the right cylinder and everything in it. The bike now needs a replacement cylinder, head, piston, rings, valves, etc. for the right side. Please help me find the necessary parts to get this little jewel running again.
    George Tinkham
    Springfield, IL
    www.virmc.com
    AMCA # 1494
    1941 Indian 841
    1948 Indian Chief
    1956 H-D KHK
    1960 CH
    1964 BMW R69S
    1966 Honda Touring Benly (aka "150 Dream")
    1984 Moto Guzzi V65Sp

Curtis Harper at harpers moto guzzi may be your best bet for good used parts. I would also query him on secondary damage. These motors had some peculiarities and depending on your serial, he may be able to tell you if you need more than the obvious to sort this out.

Non running bikes come up a few times a year in the northern half of the state. I've seen a few near Rockford and one down by you in Springfield over the past 18 months or so.

you may also want to call Gordon at mg cycle to see what he knows. They were not answering the phone in August, just email. So, you may need to be patient.

Mark Etheridge on the west coast may have something as well.

And, finally, there is mgnoc. They had a free ad section in their monthly newsletter when last I was a member.

Comment

Chuck,
      Thank you for your suggestions. Mrs. Harper will have Curtis call me back. I have reached out to MG Cycle also. Would you please give Mark Etheridge's contact information to me?
      George
      George Tinkham
      Springfield, IL
      www.virmc.com
      AMCA # 1494
      1941 Indian 841
      1948 Indian Chief
      1956 H-D KHK
      1960 CH
      1964 BMW R69S
      1966 Honda Touring Benly (aka "150 Dream")
      1984 Moto Guzzi V65Sp

Comment

http://www.motoguzziclassics.com/MGCContact1.asp

You may or may not hear back from Gordon at MG Cycle. Since COVID, he's been shipping but keeping a very low profile.

Comment

Note, I haven't dealt with Mark since 2016; I'm not 100% sure on his current business status, etc.

Comment

Working...
          X