Bmw r90/6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bmw r90/6

Love BMWs also. I restored this 74 90/6 back in 2006. Had a lot of /5 features like kick start and handlebar controls. First year front disc brake and first year larger that 750cc. A bike that was ahead of it's time. Still ride it often. Had the condenser crap out in the middle of a ride recently. Might install a triac type of universal electronic ignition that I have had some success using on points bikes:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/195263073496

It eliminates the current burn on the points. This is the job the condenser is supposed to do but as we all know is very limited in it's effect. Especially with todays poor quality condensers. It uses the switch closure/oscillation of the points but no significant current runs through the points. The triac carriers the current to the coil. Just make sure you install it in a cool place as all electronics hate heat. Dyna has a similar product that is bulky and over-priced called a "booster" for single and dual points machines. They make a 6 volt version that would work on a Chief or Harley. However, I like using Dyna S modules on Harleys. They are bullet proof.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 5 photos.

"Had the condenser crap out in the middle of a ride recently."

Have you considered Thorcap?

www.thorcap.com

Comment

This is excellent info. Thanks Paul.

Comment

Working...
      X