Zundapp gear oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zundapp gear oil

I have a 1974 Zundapp 125 MX motor on a Rickman frame. The gear oil fill plug is in the left side cavity of the motor with the gear box on the right side cavity. The drain splits both sides. My question is I don’t see anyway for oil to get to the gearbox when the drain plug is installed other than through the main shaft bearings which appear to be higher than the oil level. I’m being cautious and want to be sure the gears are properly lubricated given my unfamiliarity with these machines. Any help is appreciated.

I'll have to dig a bit, I used to have a manual for one of those.
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

A shop manual came with the bike but other than capacities it has nothing on it. I’ve been informed the clutch is on the right and the gear box on the left, opposite what I stated. Either way both sides need oil. A spare set of cases came with the bike also and there’s no way for oil to transfer when the drain plug is installed. Cool little bike that I need to figure out.

Comment

Mine was a basket that came with a Rickman Montessa some years back. They have both since gone away however the fork and wheels from the 125 are gracing my yet to completeTiger Cub Trials bike. If I can find my manual I'll see if it is the same.
        Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Working...
        X