anzani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anzani

anybody have anzani info? something other then google search. i'm looking at an anzani over head valve 350cc i'd like to get an idea of year and if it's french or brit. photos will be hard to get. owner is not to camara friendly.
    rob ronky #10507
    www.diamondhorsevalley.com

I recall a bitmap image of a 1923 Temple-Anzani racer on the Jockey Journal forum.
    Pretty interesting bike, set-up for flat track, I belive.
    http://www.jockeyjournal.com/forum/s...ghlight=anzani
    # 5844

Comment

Stephen Wright's book American Racer has a picture of 3 cylinder racer with Frenchman George Renel in L.A. Cal. Amazing machine ! See page 40

Steve
      Steve Cornish AMCA 6971
      TO MANY CLEVER PEOPLE NOT ENOUGH WISDOM

Comment

There was a Zanzani - which was the MotoBi factory tuner who produced some very sussessful roadracers.
        Buzz Kanter
        Classic-Harley.Info Classic Harley History
        [Classic American Iron Forum Classic Harley Forum
        [American Iron Magazine Harley Magazine

Comment

Anzani was an Italian engineer who's first products were made in France, later in England. His company built proprietary engines for various applications. There was no "Anzani" brand of motorcycle , only a variety of makers using Anzani products, like the Temple-Anzani of Brooklands fame. OEC used some of those engines in their extensive line. Look for British-Anzani as the firm came to be known!
          Robbie
          Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

i know he also made the first motor to fly across the English channel. it was placed on Louis Bleriot's plane. i hoping someone would point me in the direction of more photos other then the basic web stuff. i bought an anzani ohv.singel sight unseen (well i saw photos of the one i bought) the motor is in transit now. i also had a glimpse of a frame and a tank that looked like they match. On the tank may have been humber anzani (really faint through the rust and crude) i can't get the frame or tank.I'm still trying. owner claims they don't match. why should i argue with someone who had this stuff for 50 years. right.
            rob ronky #10507

Comment

found a photo
              rob ronky #10507

Comment

got the motor today

rob ronky #10507

Comment

rob ronky #10507

Comment

Wow, That is one nice looking unit. Kinda neat to see the Anzani script on the magneto in 2 places. Did they make their own mag too? What make is the carb? Binks? Amac?

Comment

That is a gorgeous motor Rob. You could get a lot of pleasure from putting it on a shelf and looking at it, but it would be more fun to put in something to ride. What are your plans?
                      Eric Smith
                      AMCA #886

Comment

the carb that came with it is an amal. but almost don't look right on it . the manifold is to hinky. it's just brass pipe with a nut braezed to it .every part on the inside of the mag has anzani stamped on it. i have been told by a few people that during the war and a little after the french could not get german made bosch mags. so yes anzani made his own mags.still having a hard time id'ing the motor
                        rob ronky #10507

Comment

eric my plans are to ride it. i have a few paths i can take. this motor kinda but the brakes on my cutdown project (maybe) having 2 projects gives us all the option of not coming home empty handed from swap meets with wauseon fresh on the mind i would like to ride it around the track in 2 years. plus lucy is not happy with the anzani cornacopia on the dinning room table lol.
                          rob ronky #10507

Comment

i got the motor apart today. it has a bore of 82mm and a stroke of 90mm . some time ago someone was in there. it has a borgo piston and sealed bearings this thing has been run hard
                            rob ronky #10507

Comment

here is a link to more photos
                              http://s372.photobucket.com/albums/o...bronky/anzani/
                              rob ronky #10507

Comment

Working...
                              X