Red Rapide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Rapide

Greetings fellow Vincent enthusiast. Just acquired a ‘52 Series C Rapide from a very good long time friend. Hoping to connect with fellow owners here in Phoeinx Az.
    Attached Files

Gorgeous!!
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Originally posted by Rubone View Post
      Gorgeous!!
      Same Same!

*M.A.D.*

Comment

A good friend indeed! , and an incredibly nice motorcycle. Lucky You!

Comment

Howdy sir,

It may be retired from the road with the Black Shadow assuming it’s role on Road Runs and elsewhere but I’ll always have it, these are simply beautiful machines with a storied history. I assume you have your build sheets from the club? They often include numerous observations by the factory test riders who were not too keen on touring spec, especially the 18 and 19 inch wheels for which they only begrudgingly gave a by if the motor was strong
          8494C072-C318-4C0E-9EB6-2B14974C3936.jpeg
          Last edited by PRG; 06-08-2022, 06:22 PM.
          Cheerio,
          Peter
          1950 Vincent - A Red Rapide Experience

Comment

When this post was first put up I thought of you and yours (Vincents) and here you are. I hope all is well with you two and I hope to see you down the road soon. I always loved the red ones best. Rich
            DrSprocket

Comment

I could definitely see my bike taking up residence in the living room! Love it!!!

Jim

Comment

Well howdy Rich!

With this oddly condensed Road Run schedule this year the NC boys decided to have one of their own in May for 3 days right here in the Ozarks out of Eureka Springs, had folks from FL, AZ and MT show up. We’ll be back out in Carmel in August, but alas, no bike, for car week. We’re hitting Davenport, Lacrosse and Dixon, TN in Sept with the 41FL and Shadow. Would be cool to see your So Cal crew turn out en masse for Wisconsin again. The Americana is a great host location on the Black & Miss river right in Lacrosse.
                Cheerio,
                Peter
                1950 Vincent - A Red Rapide Experience

Comment

Hi Jim, I realize this is an old post but I don't get on here very often. I live in Ahwatukee and have a 1951 Comet. Currently I'm working in the timing chest and have a JE steering stem to install but when complete would love to see your red Rapide in person.

Jeff Mitchell

Comment

Hi Mitchell, would be glad to connect. There are a few Vincent’s here. PM sent.

Comment

40+ years ago I was at a Vincent Owner's Club Rally in Canada and there was a Red Rapide there, very spit and polish. The owner had a gold ink pen and asked a special guest there if he would autograph the gas tank with his signature. The guest who had come from Australia specially for the Vincent Rally, took the pen and "autographed" the Rapide.
                      So somewhere there is a Red Rapide with the signature of Phil Irving, the design and development engineer for the HRD Vincent twins.
                      AFJ

Comment

Fantastic story! I’ll keep my eye out for it at the international rally in Ventura, California this September.

Comment

Shadow Lake Vincent Rally 1982 I photographed that stunning Red Rapide Sorry for the poor quality images ! I had a chat with Phil Irving about a photo in one of his books "Rich Mixture"of the prototype post war twin on a dynamometer showing the first oil tank which was welded to the front fork section.He told me as hard as they tried they could not prevent distortion so decided to bolt it !
                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                          X