No announcement yet.

Vincent Black Shadow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a genuine Black Lightning owned by ????? who is a good friend of mine.
    It's a real yummy bike and goes as good as it looks.
    I'm putting up some photos from the Leadfoot Festival that we were both lucky enough to be invited to and this is where this photo was taken
    Attached Files
    Peter Thomson, a.k.a. Tommo
    A.M.C.A. # 2777
    Palmerston North, New Zealand.

Comment

Howdy chaps,

Along the lines of Rollie Free in the U.S., when it comes to Lightnings in Oz and thereabouts, the first that comes to mind is Blue sitting on his new machine outside the dealer back in the day.

Vincents have a long (and hard) history in Australia commonly used for over the top speedway chair racing.
      Attached Files
      Cheerio,
      Peter
      1950 Vincent - A Red Rapide Experience

Comment

Cory if you ever make it out my way I'll let you take my Vincent for a ride. I like my 80 inch Chief also my HD 45 but for pure fun in the country, the little Comet puts a smile on yer face every time.For those of you lusting over a Vincent and keeping one eye on your bank account....take a look at the big singles. A comet will cruise at 75 miles an hour all day. Really how fast do you need, Don't get me wrong...a Shadow can stop my body from breathing but at over a 100K these days they're not for everyone.
        Ross

Comment

Ross!!!! That's awesome! I'm sure the Mrs. will want to do a trip to Ontario within the next year or two. I usually power through for the most part but a stop for a break in Manitoba is sounding pretty good! The only thing I'm worried about is I've been told that once you ride one, you have to have one!!! O.K. not worried but I know it'll fuel the fire! I've been pondering the idea of a Comet as Black Shadow prices are a little "rich" for me.
          Cory Othen
          Membership#10953

Comment

Yea, that 100K can take your breath away too. Keep on lookign though as you never know what one can turn up. There is a Rapide coming up for auction in UK on th e16th. Thought about it but the international shipping title transfers etc. make me take pause on that as well as the auction is high profile. I know there is no secrets anymore with these things.

Comment

Yup, it never hurts to keep the eyes and ears open. Ya just never know... I recently re-read an article on a fella here on the West Coast that bought a Rapide out of Australia. It got lost in Malaysia for two months!!! He thought it was lost forever but it did finally show up.
              Cory Othen
              Membership#10953

Comment

Corey, you have email.

Found this through a forum member at caimag posting somethign on a VL so i did a search- anyone know anything or who the owner is of this Rapide?

http://www.cycletrader.com/Vincent-M...sort=year:desc
                Last edited by ricmoran; 04-15-2012, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ricmoran View Post
                  Corey, you have email.
                  Got it... and a return has been sent!
                  Cory Othen
                  Membership#10953

Comment

Well, here is a place in UK for direct sales.

http://www.conway-motors.co.uk/sale.html

I enquired prices and have to say at this time I come up yet short as the price for the 49 Rapide is 55K US not counting shipping, insurances, tax duties.

there is a Vincent Black Prince up for sale if anyone is interested, rare as the dickens too.

Aslo has images of a vincent grass racer which has a side hack on it buit cannot be seen other the the above hand/roll bar seen above the bike. That one sold but the image speaks RACING!

Comment

Working...
                    X