T100R bars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T100R bars?

Hi, does anyone have a photo of the correct handlebars for a 1968 Triumph T100R Daytona (US Model)? I recently purchased a pair of bars for my bike but they don't look correct. They are stamped 97 1872. If these are not correct, does anyone know what that part number is correct for? Thanks.

I have no idea which bars would be correct for the Daytona but here's a link to some pictures.
    http://www.britcycle.com/Products/Ha...handlebars.htm

Comment

The stock US ones were high. I didn't like the look or the feel so I went with the one inch rise euro bars. Sporty look'in.

I used a jig saw blade to cut the inner isolalastic mounting ID ring. Just ease up near the end of the cut. It will collaps.

Comment

T100R

Jerry, According to the parts catalouges that I have the 97-1872 are UK bars for pre 67 T 100's. Get yourself a parts book for your bike then you will have correct part numbers & pictures.
        Good Luck
        Cass
        65 T100SC

Comment

Gessssssss.... I own/restored/ride a 68T100R (small tank) and have researched these bikes to death. and now... I gotta look it up for ya!

it's orig PN- H1873
          American T100R Handlebar
          http://www.walridge.com/section/view/?fnode=39

THe 500s are really great bikes. Lots of mid range torque. It's my river road champion- don't need a 650. bone stock they will pull 90mph. I don't need more than that. Do you?
          I could ride it all day in the twisties as it's a very modern bike.
          I have a tendancy to rev it very high when riding. 5-6 grand. They have some real giddy-up go in that range. As the 500s have the true racing roots. A ton of low buck fun!

I would highly recommend the modern nylon encased clutch cable. Rear sub and fork bushings do wear. I use spit to lube the white rubber o-ring for the push rod tube cover. Dry fit heads first with no rubbers to check clearances on push rod tube covers. you can calculate squish of seals based on movement. And with some modern sealants(not silicone) get the thing leak free. Enjoy!

Oh ya- I bought the slightly higher capacity oil pump that hides under cover. THey were under nurished from factory.

Comment

Working...
          X