Triumph pre unit factory race kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Triumph pre unit factory race kit

I have a '51 T100 with the factory race kit on it. I have some questions. I have an extra racing oil tank that has threaded holes for a float bowl mounting bracket on the front. The oil tank on the bike has no holes and the float bowls (two) are mounted to the intake manifolds.
    Question - Shouldn't the oil tank with the mounting holes on the front be on this bike and the tank without the front holes be on the GP Triumph sold for racing in about 48-52.
    Where can I look for detailed information on the early Triumph's with race kits.
    Thanks
    Sam

If you haven't seen this before it may help to answer your question Triumph Race Kit.jpg
    Peter Thomson, a.k.a. Tommo
    A.M.C.A. # 2777
    Palmerston North, New Zealand.

Comment

Some of this might help~out Sam.
      fullsizeoutput_20c4.jpeg
      Last edited by JoJo357; 09-02-2022, 02:57 PM.

Comment

This is a photo of the factory book that was included with the race kit.
        It sounds like you need to try and get a copy of it.
        I can get my copy photocopyed for you if that's what you want.
        It's 30 pages and as I'm having some health problems at present it may take a while for me to do that.
        Your call T100 tuning book0001.jpg
        Peter Thomson, a.k.a. Tommo
        A.M.C.A. # 2777
        Palmerston North, New Zealand.

Comment

A very nice offer from Tommo~but just in case You want an original copy, check it out.
          https://www.ebay.com/itm/363327090709

*M.A.D.*
          Last edited by JoJo357; 09-07-2022, 05:24 AM.

Comment

To answer the actual question, no the one with the threaded bungs is "not correct" for your race kit. That one was made for the 1953 only Tiger 100C which had a float bowl that was mounted on the bracket mounted in turn to the oil tank. Some of this s going to be interpretational as anyone could have created their own "race kit" and many did since Triumph sold all of the parts individually. The actual Race Kit was supplied with a bracket for the same float. That "race kit" bracket mounted to the frame, not threaded bungs in the oil tank.

Comment

Working...
            X