Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Headlight bulb spec for '48 Triumph Speed Twin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And the Ivor Davie's book illustration. All the caps I am aware of are "Lodge" brand.

3T engine.jpg
    Last edited by Rubone; 03-12-2022, 12:20 PM.
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

That's one of the pictures that I was looking at when trying to describe the 2 clips (one on the carb-to-manifold bolt) and the route under the oil line to the valves. Thanks, Rubone. AFJ

Comment

Many Thanks. Never seen a plug cap like that before. Seems oversize?

Comment

The 3T engine photo is great. Shows the 2 clips - that the AMCA judges were baffled by. But the over-sized plug cap in the other photo from the book, I'm not familiar with . . . . thanks to you both!

Comment

Since I have you handy, do either of you know HOW MANY 3T's were built? And/or how many were shipped to North America?

Comment

Maybe this 1946 Road Teat is of interest to you. T10001.jpgT20001.jpgT30001.jpg
              Peter Thomson, a.k.a. Tommo
              A.M.C.A. # 2777
              Palmerston North, New Zealand.

Comment

hOW VERY COOL! Have never seen that article. Thank you SO much! Still curious how many of these little guys they made in 1948. Doug
                20220307_162952.jpg
                Attached Files

Comment

There was a nice one that used to frequent National Road Runs in the '90s I believe ridden by a woman named Jeannie Tidwell or something close to that. Out of Alabama if I recall. Her husband was Billy who passed away a while back.
                  Last edited by Rubone; 03-14-2022, 12:57 PM.
                  Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Thanks. Will ask around the National folks down here (who've been going to a lot of Nationals) in Florida and see if anyone knows her.

Comment

Thanks for the info! Yes, I do have the VMCC paperwork on my 3T. Shipped to Los Angeles, Dec. 2, 1948, etc. But you're probably correct on the 3,371 engines - likely from the run from 1946 to 1949? Maybe 1,000 per year? But then we don't know how many numbers were 'assigned' but never used. My engine number is 93831. So who knows. Like trying to track down a lost relative.

Comment

Working...
                      X