1972 BSA Victor 500 Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1972 BSA Victor 500 Help

I recently purchased a 1972 BSA Victor 500. It is an all original, 15xx mile bike. I know nothing about BSA's except what I have gleaned here and on other internet sites. From reading the internet, it appears there were three (3) models of this bike:
    1. B50-SS (Street Scrambler)
    2. B50-T (Trail)
    3. B50-MX (Moto-Cross)

I am trying to figure out which model I have. I have been unable to find distinct pictures of the 3 models. My bike does have the original "AVON" tires with a street tread pattern. It also has a small chrome muffler with stampings about the U.S. Forest Div. and a spark arrestor. Can anybody tell me the differences in the models?
    Secondly, I would like to take it to a BSA shop to give it the once over as it has been sitting for many years. There appears to be 3 shops fairly close to my central Illinois location. Does anybody have any positive/negative/neutral things to tell me about the following shops:
    1. British Motorcycle Repair - Bainbridge, Indiana (Closest)
    2. Morrie's Place - Ringwood, Illinois
    3. Baxter Cycle - Marne, Iowa (Farthest)
    4. Or another great shop you know of???

Thank you.
    Last edited by motor-officer; 01-08-2018, 01:52 PM.

If it is "all original" there should not be any model confusion as they all look different and they all have model names on them and designations in the VIN number.

Street scrambler has big front brake with air scoop
    Trials has little front brake and 20" rim size, and small alloy tank with colored band on it
    MX doesn't have any lights and has number plate side covers
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Thanks for the info. It appears I have the "Trials" model.

Originally posted by Rubone View Post
      If it is "all original" there should not be any model confusion as they all look different and they all have model names on them and designations in the VIN number.

Street scrambler has big front brake with air scoop
      Trials has little front brake and 20" rim size, and small alloy tank with colored band on it
      MX doesn't have any lights and has number plate side covers

Comment

Working...
      X