No announcement yet.

Brough in Vegas.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Darn it all, I was afraid that might happen. The Brough magic is not just the looks but the whole sheebang, the aura of the bikes, the world records, George himself, the Lawrence connection, and last but not least the enthusiasm , helpfulness and friendly disposition of the hard core club members. Pretty incredible when you think only around 3000 bikes were made.

Comment

I may not be a fan of the Brough, but I love to hear the enthusiasim, history, and great stories about any motorcycle that people are passionate about. I wish more of our members would contribute their knowledge of the obsure and unusual motorcycles that are in our club. I love Chiefs, Panheads, and Knuckleheads but even if you love cheeseburgers, you don't want them for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
      Eric Smith
      AMCA #886

Comment

Originally posted by exeric View Post
        I may not be a fan of the Brough, but I love to hear the enthusiasim, history, and great stories about any motorcycle that people are passionate about. I wish more of our members would contribute their knowledge of the obsure and unusual motorcycles that are in our club. I love Chiefs, Panheads, and Knuckleheads but even if you love cheeseburgers, you don't want them for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
        LMAO Exeric...........what's wrong with a cheese burger and fries for breakfast with a bacon roll chaser ?

Comment

Barry, the other amazing thing about Broughs is that for the original production run, so many have survived to this day, although I suppose they have always been special and were never really just an "old fashioned bike" that nobody wanted or cherished.

Any pictures of "Moby Dick" from the BS Rally ?

Regards,

Martin

Comment

Interesting you mention this famous modified Brough as I do not recall it being there or possibly i missed it in the sea of 217 others and the fact i was smitten with the works scrapper and the other racers. On the rally proper , ie, actually riding the bikes at the various venues before the big day at Nottingham , there were only about 30 or so Broughs. It is probably a sad reflection on the fact that values have caused a lot of machines to now remain as dormant museum pieces or investments.

Comment

Great photos, Thanks !
              William McClean
              AMCA # 60

Comment

Working...
              X