Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Three Sub-Forums added to British motorcycle Forum

Hi Folks -

At the request of Member Dave Janecek (AKA ArubaFirst) we added three new manufacturer specific sub-forums, including: Ariel, Royal Enfield and Velocette to the British forum. Let us know if other revisions and additions can make the AMCA Forum more useful.

Mike Love
    AMCA Forum
    Last edited by ihrescue; 06-20-2017, 08:51 PM.

Hi, there are hundreds of British marques but only a few that sold in significant volume and you have covered most of those already. Any other marques probable don’t have the numbers to warrant a specific forum.

The only other comment that I have is that I see that there is a Matchless section however Matchless were part of Associated Motor Cycles or AMC as they are more commonly known. AMC made both Matchless and AJS motorcycles and the two marques were almost identical except for the name (at least they were post WWII, I am not so sure about pre WWII). For example my Matchless G3 is virtually the same motorcycle as an AJS Model 16. So my comment is that the Matchless forum could be renamed Matchless and AJS if you wanted to add that marque without adding another forum. If you want to see what I mean about the bikes being virtually the same then the AMC owners club have a website (jampot.com) with lots of info.

John

Comment

I don't mean to be one of those anorak wearing nit pickers but Velocette in the sub-forums list is spelt wrong
      1914 P&M
      1915 Indian (project)
      1930 M50 Panther
      1958 M35sport Panther

Comment

How about an Other or All Others sub category to cover the multitude of lesser known British bikes.

Comment

Thanks panthersteve - that helps!

Mike Love

Comment

Thanks midman - good suggestion.

Mike Love

Comment

Originally posted by TechNoir View Post
              So my comment is that the Matchless forum could be renamed Matchless and AJS if you wanted to add that marque without adding another forum. John
              Good suggestion John - thanks

Mike Love

Comment

HaHa - I wrote that several times in different places today including my post to the "British Forum" but didn't misspell until the heading. Go figure.

Mike Love

Comment

Mike,
                  Thanks, I appreciate the super quick response.
                  Chuck

Comment

Working...
                  X