Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beautiful Ariel Square Four on Ebay

Hey everybody,
    I just want to give a "heads up" to anyone who may be interested in a 1957 Ariel Square Four. The gentleman who restored & owns this bike is a very good friend of mine. The bike is absolutely stunning. I can vouch for his character & the bike without hesitation. I have never known anyone who is more detail driven than Andy. You can't go wrong with this bike in any way. It is Ebay # 220961031784
    Bob Dorsey AMCA member 3756
    Bob

Thanks for the post Bob. Ah yes, the gentleman’s motorcycle. That one is gorgeous and I believe a pre BSA model as well. I’m five years into my G4 so it’s always nice to see that it can still be done. It’s a shame your friend hasn’t ridden it. They purr like a kitten.
    ------------
    Steve
    AMCA #7300

Comment

Thanks Steve,
      This has been a father son project. My friend Andy's father bought the bike many years ago when he was young. It sat all these years in their garage, waiting. Andy, with a little coaxing from his friends, restored it with his father. They did it right. They are not riders, so it has not been ridden. Even though we tried to get him to take it for a spin to work out any adjustments, he was too intimidated to learn how to ride on this bike. Its a real beauty. I don't know if they even sat on the seat. They plan on using the money from the sale to purchase a Ford Coupe project. I see your in Ohio, if you would like to see it & talk restoration, I'm sure you would be welcome, nice folks.
      Bob

Comment

I took a look at the Ariel on ebay and I have to say they did a very nice job. I don't know anything about Ariels, so I'm no judge of correctness, but the finish looks very professional and not over done. Good work.
        Eric Smith
        AMCA #886

Comment

Thanks Eric,
          I'm not an expert either. I'm kind of a Knucklehead myself, maybe literally. From my understanding watching the progress over the years, they did their homework & talked to the right people. I'm not sure to what extent, but I believe the motor was shipped to England either for a rebuild or partial. Andy is extremely meticulous, a true perfectionist. We rib him about it all the time, he's a bit obsessive. The bike appears flawless. That's why everyone is too intimidated to ride it. I'm very much the rider type, but I'm not going to be the first. Someone is going to have a beautiful ride.
          Bob

Comment

Well, the Ariel didn't meet reserve.
            Interesting with 10 different bidders, I'm surprised. It will probably end up in one of the big auctions.
            Bob

Comment

For a motorcycle designed to compete with the Vincent’s, I don’t blame him for not selling it at that price.

A little bit about the Ariel.
              http://www.arielnorthamerica.org/mot...fAriel1970.pdf
              Last edited by Ohio-Rider; 03-01-2012, 05:42 PM.
              ------------
              Steve
              AMCA #7300

Comment

thanks for the link...I just picked up an Ariel...'51 rigid 350 from a fellow member in Va.....working out some bugs...but it's running...and rather well...

Comment

Working...
                X