looking for information on a magneto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for information on a magneto

Been rebuilding a few BSA B series pre units , on this last batch i found this Magneto :
    ELV with brass plates serial number 120360 M any info welcome , even if i got to the lucas or other system , i am still very curious , can't find any info so far.
    Thanks

Hey Briton,

We're looking into it. That is a weird one. I haven't seen a mag with that brand on its face plate. Also two point cover retainers is unusual. Is it a single or multi cylinder mag? What bike did it come off of?
    J.Denis McCarthy Come visit The Barber Vintage Motorsports Museum
    www.barbermuseum.org

Comment

Found this doing a little digging.

http://en.vintage-motorcycle.com/ima....php?pid=12520

Looks close to yours.
      www.barbermuseum.org

Comment

Thank you , yes i had seen the mag above . It came of a 1949 BSA B31 , strange part is mag only no generator.. thanks

Comment

briton,

When you have time would you please take some more pictures of that magneto. We need a shot of the bottom, and all four sides. If it has a tag on it, please send that too. We're very interested in this one!

Thanks
          www.barbermuseum.org

Comment

Comment

Comment

i will post the bottom plate in the morning not at the shop at the moment , thank

Comment

Ok thanks bro.
                  www.barbermuseum.org

Comment

http://www.kirikoo.net/images/14Anon...205-221404.jpg

Comment

Briton,

Sorry I can't be much help on you magneto. Its very rare. Don't get rid of it!! All opinions say its not original to any BSA factory production model. But thats just our opinion! It may have been pulled from a vintage tractor years ago. Its very unusual. I couldn't find much of anything on line, and even our magneto expert in Florida didn't know much about it. I'm sending him some pictures of your mag for his review. Does it still work? Looks like its in pretty good condition. I'll let you know if anything turns up on my end...

See ya!
                      www.barbermuseum.org

Comment

Working...
                      X