Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Persons Saddles for Pre-1920s?

Folks
    I am looking around for a reproduction saddle for my 1919 Henderson. I have the pan and it's not in horrible shape. It's been suggested I look around. I am aware of Heilman's parts, but I was wondering if anyone out there has any experience with saddles from other suppliers.
    Thanks
    Mark Hunniibell

these guys make the best ones i've seen

http://worshamcastle.com/

Comment

I would be very pleasantly surprised if Michael is doing that seat but I doubt if he is. I have a 1919 Henderson as well and my seat was done by Howard Heilman. I noticed that the Saddleshop is now doing that seat (page 20 of our latest mag.). Their picture shows a very nice seat with the Persons logo on the back.
      Eric Smith
      AMCA #886

Comment

I can do the early seats, but I do not have the correct stamps for them ( except the early Indian seats with the round stamp) so I refer folks to Chuck at the Saddleshop. His work is quite nice---Michael

Comment

Thanks to all for the feedback. I also noticed the saddle shop advertisement in the last magazine and called them this week and am probably going to have them do the saddle for me. My seat pan is actually cracked in three places and will need to be reformed a little and welded before they can cover it, but that's work they (Saddle Shop) doesn't do but has a local shop that can do it. They do not have an original metal insignia pictured in the photo in the magazine and suggested I keep an eye out for an original that at meets. If anyone has an original that's not being used, I might be interested, even if it's only to be used as a template for reproduction. Thanks again

Mark Hunnibell

Comment

Working...
          X