Done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Done

I thought I would post a few pictures of the 1919 Z2 Henderson that I just finished.

Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

IMG]http://i534.photobucket.com/albums/ee341/cdo340/19b.jpg[/IMG]
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Comment

Let's try that again.

Eric Smith
      AMCA #886

Comment

That my friend is stunning! Great job man!
        Cory Othen
        Membership#10953

Comment

Eric Smith
          AMCA #886

Comment

man ,that bike is beautiful eric.
            www.motorcyclecannonball.com

Comment

Up till Monday, it still wasn't running. My original goal was to have it running in January, so I could have February reserved for detail work and loafing. Of coarse the valve job took 3 weeks longer than promised and the nickel plating went overdue. I was able to do most everything I needed to do in the waiting period but it always seems like it comes down to a nail biter before Eustis. The reality is, I can only blame myself for this kind of stress. I do all of my own work with the exception of top ends, and plating so budgeting time for the valves and nickel should not have been a problem. Also, I'm not a very good mechanic so it took me an inordinate amount of noodle scratching to figure out the cam timing. Well, the bad stuff is just a memory now (I hope) and it's running great. Off to Eustis tomorrow.
              Eric Smith
              AMCA #886

Comment

Jurrasic, do you think the nickel is too shiney ?
                Eric Smith
                AMCA #886

Comment

Sorry to chime in on the question but much too shiney for historical accuracy!

Seriously though, what an amazing job. I'm sure it's going to get a lot of attention at Eustis!
                  Cory Othen
                  Membership#10953

Comment

WOW ! Nice job eric
                    Johnny Whitsett
                    AMCA # 8626

Comment

Originally posted by exeric View Post
                      Jurrasic, do you think the nickel is too shiney ?
                      aww its too early in the morning.i'll have to go thru all my black and white photos and see if i can tell.
                      www.motorcyclecannonball.com

Comment

Turned out beautifully Eric! ... Perry

Comment

I've been riding it around the neighborhood today so it can stretch it's legs. The motor runs smooth as glass and usually starts with the first kick, however, I'm getting some nasty clutch noise when I put it in gear. I had this trouble with my 1917 Hen and it turned out to be the fingers on the throw-out bearing. It seems to be getting better as it runs so I'll keep it under observation as my doctor would say about my blood pressure. I've probably put more mile(s) on it today than it's seen in God knows how many years. This is what restoring old bikes is all about for me. Actually that's not true. The people I have met in this hobby and in the AMCA have enriched my life immeasurably. We truly have a great thing with this passion of ours.
                          Eric Smith
                          AMCA #886

Comment

I'm still in awe at what a great job you've done. It must have been a real joy to take that "first" ride. Ah, what am I talking about it's probably a real joy to ride it anytime! What other obsession could bring such joy as this one?
                            Cory Othen
                            Membership#10953

Comment

Fantastic Eric !!

Comment

Working...
                              X