Last Sunday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last Sunday

Quite hot out here this last weekend, had the deluxe out along the coast - real nice. But what topped the weekend off, got a call from a long time collector. Told me to come over and check out his new Henderson, jumped on the HD and was off.The guy is a big time collector, well known - been kind of out of it for a couple years or atleast I thought. At one time he had about 150 machines! He got into old four wheelers, well he is back on the old two wheelers.
    Anyways, I pull up and walk in and holy smokes - Hensderson's, including a 1912,1913,1915, 1919!! I could not believe my eyes! I got to sit on the 12 ;-) too cool!!!!! I might have one or two of the years off alittle, but awesome stuff!! The 12 is from Mike Smith's and alot of repo, but I must say I was very impressed with the work! surperb! I did'nt have my camera, but he is close so hopefully I will get some photo's. He is also very knowledgeable and a crack up to hang out with, so it was a fun Sunday I tell you. Thought you guys might get a kick out of it. I ment the guy years ago, I was ridding my sport scout and he rode by in the opposite direction on a Crocker! we both turned around and he showed me his collection - wow! That was when he had atleast 100 machines, could not believe it. He let me go get my Dad for the tour too, pretty cool!!

Sounds like you had a pretty awesome Sunday Tom! What luck to have a private museum right close to you! I'd have been a drooling idiot!!!
    Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

Comment

You got that right Cory and I was drooling like an idiot ;-) Yep I am glad he is there and getting back into the old bikes. Going over there makes me realize just how much of a poor boy Iam, but its alot of fun! He is a neat guy though, always thought he was pretty cool. Here I was on a bista scout - which I love, but its a parts of many machines - not much correct. This guy comes up on a Crocker and treats me like a fellow collector and invites my Dad and me over to check out his collection - pretty darn cool ! I tell you sitting on that 1912 Henderson was awesome to me! All kinds in this club and glad to say some real good folks too.

Comment

Working...
      X