No announcement yet.

Brakes, or lack of...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The carb was apart and cleaned while I had the bike at Wheels Through Time last February. We did a quick cleaning and re-assembled it, that's all. Yes, that's where I'll start with the black exhaust issue.

But the hesitation problem is like someone is momentarily hitting the kill button. Just for a fraction of a secnd, but it's irritating.

Comment

I think you should check the carb first , although a weak spark could agrevate richness , what colour are the plugs ?? are they all the same ? when was the mag serviced/overhauled ? rich running or plug fouling could cause spark hesitation , have you ridden it yet after putting the D18s in ?? hope you get it sorted , Ken
      PS , I'm out on my '26 this coming weekend

Comment

Rickeieio - the guys are right you will save a bunch with the antique insurence folks, probably close to 500 bucks. Hope you figure out the deluxes problem real soon.

Comment

All plugs are the same black, fouled apearance. I've not had a chance to ride it w/ the D-18 plugs.

To my knowledge, the mag has never been serviced.

I have insurance from one of the major antique companies. My insurance card shows "Encompass Indemnity Company", but the premium is written to one of those advertising in the club magazine. Can't recall which one right now.

Comment

rickeieio ,
            I would check the carb and get the mag serviced out at the same time or can you borrow another carb and mag ?? best of luck , keep us informed of your progress , Ken

Comment

KJ Brake Problems

I improved my brakes greatly by using Cushman clutch linings on the front and model a ford linings on the rear.

Comment

Working...
              X