Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deluxe 1927

Hi,
    need help with some parts for my 1927 Deluxe.
    ...Petcock
    ...Round light switch at the instrument bracket
    ...Tail light
    Gradeful for any help.

Thanks, Martin
    Attached Files

Hi Martin,
    Those Light switches are rarer than rocking horse ****. Ive been searching for that version and the 1925/26 Super X version for some time and havent been able to find anything. I have however found a few Automotive switches from the same period (and manufacturer I believe) that could be converted. I have photos and dimensions of the 27 switch both internal and external. Message me if you would like a copy.

The taillights are available reproduction from Matt Smith at Antique Motorcycle Works. The petcocks are also available repro, I believe from Lytle Petcocks
    Cheers Ben

Comment

Ben
      Please forward me your pictures of the switch as I may have one.
      A few years back I bought a huge pile of parts that had some Henderson parts of this vintage mixed in. There's a bin of unknown (to me) electrical bits. I'll have a look but I need to know what I'm searching for.
      Thx
      Mark Masa
      Mark Masa
      www.linkcycles.com

Comment

I have only had my hands on one Henderson/Excelsior switch like that. Original switches are difficult to work on, and disassemble but they were well made and can be made to work. Just having the case would allow it to be easily modified for a modern switch. Like Ben said, very rare switch, but there isn't an electrical part for an Excelsior that isn't rare
        Eric Smith
        AMCA #886

Comment

Originally posted by MMasa View Post
          Ben
          Please forward me your pictures of the switch as I may have one.
          A few years back I bought a huge pile of parts that had some Henderson parts of this vintage mixed in. There's a bin of unknown (to me) electrical bits. I'll have a look but I need to know what I'm searching for.
          Thx
          Mark Masa
          Thanks Mark, I will send you a PM. Im also looking for electrical parts for 1915 Excelsior, and switches for all years of Super X.

Sorry to hijack your thread Martin, Ill send those photos through to you now.
          Thanks Ben

Comment

Working...
          X