No announcement yet.

*** Cleveland Motorcycle Information Needed ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got home with the bike... Looks like it would start without much problems... Will go through it with a fine tooth comb before I attempt it....

Comment

Looking for a little help on what oil to use... Says Gargoil "B" Autozone doesn't sell it!!!! How to tell if my 24 is actually a 24 as far as engine numbers go? Anybody have or sell sparkplugs for them? Repop ect... Thanks in advance, Dan

Comment

Hello Dan , I have been looking at oils to put in my engine , especially for the worm drive , I have settled on a synthetic , see -- web site --
        http://www.machinerylubrication.com/...?articleid=169 --
        as far as oil to mix with the petrol then a modern synthetic would also be ok OR any reputable two stroke oil , the handbook says 10 to 1 mix which sounds an awful lot but maybe best to try this mix first and IF too much smoking then you can cut it down . I have heard that when using synthetic oil , the amount can be cut right down but best start at said amount of 10 to 1 and go from there , a friend of mine runs a 1922 Ner-a-Car on 10 to 1 and it hardly smokes and doesn't fowl plugs .
        For dating I do not know as far as engine numbers go but my 1919 engine has number 15291.I attach (with luck?) part of article on Cleveland dating from an Antique Automobile mag of unknown date , hope this helps , best wishes with your Cleveland , keep us informed of progress . Still waiting for my piston !!! Ken
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Ken Lee; 10-30-2009, 05:21 AM. Reason: checking web link
        Ken

Comment

Ken

Comment

cabanadan, I sent you a PM....Rod

Comment

Cleveland fenders

Originally posted by cabanadan View Post
              Just got home with the bike... Looks like it would start without much problems... Will go through it with a fine tooth comb before I attempt it....
              If your bike doesnt have fenders i can help,it would appear that the fenders i bought last year for my ACE are in fact Cleveland.THe are surplus to recquirements.If you or someone else needs them please contact me.
              Keir Hellberg

Comment

CHIEFY -- FRED , I am trying to contact you via your email but keep getting them returned - undelivered - just want to say my piston is being posted to me on Tuesday next (December the 8th) so hopefully I'll have mine running before Christmas !! I did also send you a 'private message' on here , Ken
                Ken

Comment

Weyhey !!!!!!! been out today on my 1919 Cleveland , what a lovely little lightweight it is !!! first impression is slow !!!! second is slower !!!! but sure I'll get it running better and properly as time goes on , after all , this is my first lightweight bike for a few years , so used to big 'yankee' bikes !!! has anyone else been out on theirs yet ???? best wishes and happy riding for
                  2010 , Ken
                  Ken

Comment

Production numbers?

Anybody out ther kno production numbers of Clevelands? Read somewhere 5000ish units. Dont know if that was total or yearly.

Comment

Here's a couple of pics of my 1919 Cleveland , I have done just over 90 miles on it so far
                      and reached the heady speed of 29mph !!!! but it's great and can be thrown around , handles like a little lightweight , nearly stops too !!!!

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_6fq-xZ_IQSA/S6...0310%20008.JPG

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_6fq-xZ_IQSA/S6...0310%20003.JPG
                      Ken

Comment

Been out today on my 1919 , managed 61 smiles (yes that's 'smile miles') ran great , smashing little bike , pics show bikes at rest while we ate apples from bike rests !! my coleagues were 1923 Ner-a Car and 1922 Francis Barnet . Anyone else been out riding theirs lately ???? How are the rebuilds getting on ? best wishes , Ken
                        Attached Files
                        Ken

Comment

Thanks for sharing the pics of todays ride Ken!! I'm sure the smiles were plentiful. Out of the group, I've only ridden a Neracar. It was an interesting ride to say the least!!
                          Cory Othen
                          Membership#10953

Comment

Hello Cory , thanks for that , I've had two Ner-a-Cars , one a two stroke the other a 21 inch OHV Oil cooled Badshaw engined one , I liked the OHV one , very impressed with the Bradshaw engine , could do 60mph and cruise happily at 45mph and return 85 MPG BUT as you say , very interesting ride especially at slow speeds , once going , they handled great though . Ken
                            Ken

Comment

Good thing those trees were there to prop your bikes up!
                              Louie
                              FaceBook >>>Modern Antique Cycle
                              Blog Site >>> http://louiemcman.blogspot.com/
                              YouTube >>> LouieMCman

Comment

Yes Louie , very convenient , although a bit heavy handed proping the bikes , knocked some apples down so we had to "hide" the evidence , rather yummy !!!
                                Ken

Comment

Working...
                                X