Replica ACE`s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replica ACE`s

As I in addition to my Henderson have a BMW sidecar outfit I subscribe to the excelent German magazine "Motorrad Gespanne" (Motorcycle w. sidecar). Recieved the latest issue yesterday. There was an small article on the fact that many of the bikes and sidecars produced in earlier years are now reproduced and selling for high bucks.
    OK, to illustrate this there was a small picture showing 10 complete new made ACE engines, all fresh cast but no cylinders on. The text below the picture states:
    "In Chekoslovakia you can not only buy a brand new Henderson motor, even a complete bike with sidecar is availiable for those that can raise the money".
    Someone did an editorial blunder when calling the ACE motors Henderson, but the photo is still interesting. Does anyone out there know anything about this, new made ACE engines??
    I know Jurgen Hecker (Indian 101) in Germany some years back made replica ACE frames and forks, did that have anything to do with this??

Sverre

I remember, at least ten years ago, hearing that someone in Czechoslovakia had made a batch (10?, 20?) of Indian 401s. Perhaps this was what they were showing? The motor looks like an Ace motor ... Perry

Comment

If you read about the ALMA 4 at Virtual Indian, he describes a visit to see the builder of thse bikes.

Comment

Working...
      X