American Excelsior Book Wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American Excelsior Book Wanted

Looking to buy an American Excelsior book. Please contact Brant: 717-554-2176, text or call or email: brant@bmgart.com
    Many thanks!

P1050291-1024x620.jpg

That was a very limited printing of one of the classiest, most detailed motorcycle books ever written. I know Bob Turek had a few awhile back so you might send him a P.M. Unfortunately, a sizable quantity of that book disappeared.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Comment

Hi --- American Excelsior has been out of print for a couple years. I don't have any extras left and I believe that the my co-author Thomas Bund is out too. They do appear on ebay and Amazon sometimes.

Bob Turek

Comment

Thank you both for your reply. If ever hear of a copy available please let me know. Besides my interest in Excelsior I also own the hand painted Schwinn sign and the bronze letters from the building which are prominently shown the factory demolition section in the book.

Comment

Bump, anyone have one available please?

Comment

Are you looking for a factory produced, dealer sold, 1914 oil like painting of the factory? I have an NOS one. I visited the factory in 1992 just before it was destroyed. The contents were moved downtown to the original Arnold/Schwinn factory building in 1947 after Ingnaz passed. A couple of blocks from the towers where Schwinn had their corp. offices at the time. I got to visit that too. Loads of blueprints of Excelsior, Henderson, and Super X. So cool!
            DrSprocket

Comment

Originally posted by RichO View Post
              Are you looking for a factory produced, dealer sold, 1914 oil like painting of the factory? I have an NOS one. I visited the factory in 1992 just before it was destroyed. The contents were moved downtown to the original Arnold/Schwinn factory building in 1947 after Ingnaz passed. A couple of blocks from the towers where Schwinn had their corp. offices at the time. I got to visit that too. Loads of blueprints of Excelsior, Henderson, and Super X. So cool!
              Thank you Rich. I actually have one of those prints of the factory.
              Still interested in buying the book if anyone has one available for sale.

Comment

Would love to see pictures of the excelsior items. Been looking for the oil like painting as well.
                thanks
                dan

Comment

Dan, Send me a PM with email and I will contact you on painting. Rich
                  DrSprocket

Comment

Rich:
                    thank you but having trouble sending PM on the forum. Says I am over the limit and to delete but i cant seem to find them to delete. working on it,
                    Dan

Comment

Sent my email address to your friend in New Mexico by PM.
                      DrSprocket

Comment

Rich, I just forwarded your email to Dan. You should be hearing from him soon.

Comment

Working...
                        X